Whats the lowest static fp you can run with 50's?

F

faststkr

I know that the higher the pressure the better the fuel atomizes with the air. Problem is I have a dual nozzle alky kit and I want to be able to pump in more alky so I can raise my boost more but I'm running rich when I turn the pump speed up so now I've turned the static pressure way down and alky up. So whats the lowest static pressure you can go and still have the injector spray properly?

Harry at Precision Turbo said there is no low limit:rolleyes:

There isn't alot of atomisation going on when the injector *fires*. The fuel it sprays is blowing against the runner floors, and basically just puddling, while it waits for the incoming air to carry it past the valve.

I've run mine down to 32, and they seemed OK, but in getting the ship right, I'm back up to 42.

Turning down the fuel to run more alky can really be playing with fire.

In a nut shell, the way I see things.
If you're running just gas, you MIGHT see the rear cylinders are a little lean.
If you're adding alky/water that will tend to richen the rears.

Balancing that out and leaning down the fuel is going to easily drive the fronts lean.

Adding alky can reduce the level of detonation, but that doesn't automaticly mean more HP if you upset the workload of the cylinders.

Well the only reason I was going to lower the fp is because I have a RJC power plate in which it supposed to distribute things pretty darn close to even.....ie alky and or air.

How about setting static fuel pressure at 45 psi then have the chip programmed to fuel properly at WOT so you still have drivability and correct BLM's cruising/idle.

Originally posted by Mr URL
How about setting static fuel pressure at 45 psi then have the chip programmed to fuel properly at WOT so you still have drivability and correct BLM's cruising/idle.

Right, tune it with gas and use alky as a detonation supressant, NOT as a fuel.