You can type here any text you want

whats the right way to press fit rods on pins?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

i got my moter back from machine shop i i saw that the rods were preesed to the center of every rod .but when i kooked at my stock rods and pins they were alittle off center .i noticed it when i was putting my piston in the block that the journals are alittle off center to the front .can someone please clearify that for me.thanks .i have j&e pistons with stock rods machined .

they are offset a little. i had to bump mine as the machine shop did the same and installed them in the center. thats why i bought all my own machine shop equipment to do my own motors.

so/ did you have to heat them up before you bumped them a little and take the rings off .THANKS LET ME KNOW .DID YOU USE A HYDRO PRESS>?

Here's a picture of what the stock setup looks like installed:

100_0751.JPG

SOMEONE POSTED the correct off set in here a while back just do a search. i used a dedicated piston pin press and just bumped them till they were correct. i would check the other machine work if they didnt do that correct. triple check all the stuff and write it down for reference so you have it.
i make a build sheet for all the motors i do.

Back