Whats this 87 worth?

equalizer442

I've got this 87 that I'm not driven in years it's got 55,000 and the clock and the interior is in really good shape I've got a handful of spare parts mainly trim pieces in Basil's along with a under hood liner New Old Stock from GM a trunk kit never installed another Hood a core transmission and I'm sure various tidbits of stuff I took off when I lightly modified the motor the factory paint is shot but the interior is in good shape the transmission is a CK performance 200 4r and it has a art Carr stall converter I found a beetle that I'm halfway interested in and letting go of this one might be the quickest way to get that new car

I only see the one pic, its hard to say without seeing the rest of it

its always a shot in the dark not seeing in person but is that dirt on the paint or is that rust ??
maybe 12k-15 k as it sits if it runs !!

if you cleaned it up and fixed all the little BS ,if paint is correctable or you got a quality paint job 25k or more , thats my 2 cents
but .....

The paint is shot it's been a couple years since we've cranked it but I'd say it would have to have some of the vacuum lines replaced I think you could get it running and driveable in an hour's time

if you want to just get rid of someone will put in the work and money for the right price , if you want top dollar thats up to you , so the ball is your court so to speak GLWS

When I clicked on the pic it took to a lot of other crap... so I clicked out.

Grass was much more kind on the price, I would say 10-12K in current form... maybe and that might be hard to get if you can't drive it.

yes that is a seller's market price for sure , no one on here but maybe for your average pickle sniffer

and we gotta keep the demographics right for our cars :p

I think that cars done. The interior top to bottom front to back and left to right will all need to be redone.

The motor and tranny, looking at the interior and body, are suspect.

2500 as is. Running would fetch a little more, 4k. This is my opinion if I was kicking tires.

Its a 61 rag top not graft.

Well if you guys want a good gn for a good price and a bunch o spairs id take 10k. This car wont need much to get it back on the road, mostly rubber and some fluid swaps. The transmission was replaced shortly before i stopped driving it. The interrior has been covered for most of the time it was parked.

Its a 61 rag top not graft.

Well if you guys want a good gn for a good price and a bunch o spairs id take 10k. This car wont need much to get it back on the road, mostly rubber and some fluid swaps. The transmission was replaced shortly before i stopped driving it. The interrior has been covered for most of the time it was parked.
I'm well known as a Buick snob and a bit of a ball-buster. But I don't mean to be offensive.

So, I'll shut-up before I'm asked to do so. Good luck my friend and be happy.

I believe 8k-10k is becoming the low $$ for a 86-87 GN as the prices continue to soar.

Not to be a dick but for $10k and what it would take to get it presentable someone could buy one already to cruise for less. A decent paint job is going to be "at least" 5 grand.

I would never take $1 less than $10k for that. I could have that engine running and looking brand spanking new in a few weekends. The interior will clean up pretty darn respectable. It's got a Turbo, Downpipe, Built CK trans. But the main thing here is, 55,000 miles!! What that means is that when you do spend the money to fix it or paint it, you will get it all right back because it has potential to be a $25-30,000 car when done nice. I just sold a Roller T with no motor and trans, down pipe or intercooler for $5000. why, Because it had 60,000 miles.

I would put the car for sale for $15k. And I don't think it's crazy to get close to that.

I would never take $1 less than $10k for that. I could have that engine running and looking brand spanking new in a few weekends. The interior will clean up pretty darn respectable. It's got a Turbo, Downpipe, Built CK trans. But the main thing here is, 55,000 miles!! What that means is that when you do spend the money to fix it or paint it, you will get it all right back because it has potential to be a $25-30,000 car when done nice. I just sold a Roller T with no motor and trans, down pipe or intercooler for $5000. why, Because it had 60,000 miles.

I would put the car for sale for $15k. And I don't think it's crazy to get close to that.

Just one example on here but Herold Dean has one with 114k, rebuilt motor with 36k that's pretty darn nice for $14k or best offer. Am I missing something. Why would I pay $15k for one in that condition that looks like its been abuse for years. And who knows if the engine will even start. I think best bang for the buck is still important.

There's a few things to Unpack there. For starters, he was asking $18k like 5 minutes ago. He dropped to $14000 which we can agree is a good price considering what most people are asking for these cars now. Second, His car is also not perfect. It has 114,000 miles, Duct taped bumper fillers, moon roof and so so looking paint. That's without actually looking the car over in person. His ad is vague and lists ZERO issues in the description. Let's assume there are some as my experiences tell me there will be. That car is maxed out at this price level. $14000-15000 is the ceiling on the car.

The car in question is a 55,000 mile car. If you address the engine which looks to be mainly detail and maintenance, replace a few things in the interior and do a strip and dip paint job the car is on a different level. It would be a $55k mile Hard top car. Not a 114000 mile moon roof car. $15,000 is definitely a stretch but a starting point. As I said I wouldn't take less than $10k. There may be a guy with money in the bank that buys it for $10-12k and sends it right to the paint shop to make it a beautiful car.