You can type here any text you want

What's this part for?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I bought a vacume brake conversion kit from G-Body and in the kit it came with this black plastic piece (kinda looks like a round check valve) that has 2 barbed ends on it...one straight the other has a 90* bend in it. It doesn't appear to be a check valve, I blew air into it both directions:confused: What is it for and in what direction is it installed, there doesn't appear to be any direction arrows on it.

TIA

Sounds like the vapor filter. It keeps fuel vapor from eating the rubber diaphram in the booster. If there aint an arrow than it can go on either way.

Eric I read in your other post that you were wishing you could route the vac line differently so it wasn't across the valve cover. Thought you'd enjoy a pic of how mine's routed. I tucked it behind the throttle cable bracket and then down around the back of the valve cover. I hated the look of the hose too so I spent more time trying to decide how to best hide the hose than I did installing the vac brake setup. Also some others are using the PCV port for an even stealthier install. Thanks for the heads up on the vapor filter bracket. I don't have a filter on mine. Never knew what they were for. Might have to do that.

Attachments

• vaclinesized.jpg
    vaclinesized.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 115
Back