What's up with the new nozels for e85?

gteatr6

I had to take a screw driver and hold open my tank to fill up. The nozzle is to big to fit now at the station I usually use. Kinda like the old days trying to fill up with cam2.

What new nozzles?

Still have 36 that are the same size as gas nozzles- I haven't heard of any new regulation calling for the change and I am not sure larger ones would fit into an FFV.

Sounds like a plot to keep you from buying:D

You sure it wasnt bio diesel ? the e85 pump and bio diesel pump are the same here.

Sounds like the station attendant put on the wrong nozzle/tube (a diesel one) then. They are the only nozzle of that size ever since leaded gas went bye-bye.

Sounds like the station attendant put on the wrong nozzle/tube (a diesel one) then. They are the only nozzle of that size ever since leaded gas went bye-bye.

That's what I was thinking. I haven't had a problem at any other stations. The handle is even yellow and is brand new. Both pumps (they only have 2) have the new nozels on them. I emailed the parent company as the local station never answered the phone.

That's what I was thinking. I haven't had a problem at any other stations. The handle is even yellow and is brand new. Both pumps (they only have 2) have the new nozels on them. I emailed the parent company as the local station never answered the phone.

Hmmm- maybe they bought the nozzle from a Wisconsin supplier where the yellow handwarmers around the nozzles are required to be yellow for diesel. This is the kind of thing that happens when states adopt patchwork rules. Imagine the joy of the not so alert FFV owner who fills his FFV with diesel:eek: They might be flex-fuel but not that flex:biggrin:

I actually got a hold of someone at the station after my last post. They said the handles were just replaced the other day. I told them they don't fit and they said they would call the manager. Maybe I shouldn't had said anything. They would have figured it out sooner or later when e85 sales went to zero.:eek: I can't see flex fuel vehichle owners using a screw driver to hold open the flap on the gas tank to fill up:D.

I got a call back and they said they goofed when they replaced the handles. Yellow handle but the nozel was for diesel. They thanked me and I got a month of unlimited car washes.:D

I got a call back and they said they goofed when they replaced the handles. Yellow handle but the nozel was for diesel. They thanked me and I got a month of unlimited car washes.:D

Bingo! Those carwashes will come in handy about the time the road salt comes:cool:
Like I said- Wisconsin requires yellow for diesel which is stupid- diesel should be green like most states. This was an issue for some poor Joe up around NW Wisconsin when his diesel truck needed a refill and they had converted the diesel tank to E85- he saw the yellow handwarmer (thought diesel since he was a WI resident) and since the pump had been diesel he never read the pump. Ouch!

Bingo! Those carwashes will come in handy about the time the road salt comes:cool:
Like I said- Wisconsin requires yellow for diesel which is stupid- diesel should be green like most states. This was an issue for some poor Joe up around NW Wisconsin when his diesel truck needed a refill and they had converted the diesel tank to E85- he saw the yellow handwarmer (thought diesel since he was a WI resident) and since the pump had been diesel he never read the pump. Ouch!

My Buicks never see salt:tongue: I just wonder how much money they lost on e85.