You can type here any text you want

Whats your opinion for running a 275/60 on a 7" rim

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Warrant

Ive heard mixed things about running a mt dr 275/60 on a 15x7 rim. Ive read it works with no problem while others say it will ballon and wear funny.

Will traction be the same compared it being on a 8 inch rim?

Whats do you guys think?

I do not have any personal experiance...but I know plenty of people on here do it.

Ive heard mixed things about running a mt dr 275/60 on a 15x7 rim. Ive read it works with no problem while others say it will ballon and wear funny.

Will traction be the same compared it being on a 8 inch rim?

Whats do you guys think?

I ran them on stock GN rims with no problems other than a slight rub. :)

The 60's fit a lot better on the stock width rims than the 50's do. The 50's definitely will wear funny. The 275/60's wear OK and Hook OK. An 8" rim would work better, but they'll work fine on a 7" rim.

GN rims will need a small spacer to keep them off the frame, but T-Rims will usually not rub in a straight line with 275/60's.

I have run them on my 7 inch T rims with Aluminum drums. Slight rubbing at times but I think it was during burnouts. I now run 235/60 M/T, they are great for the street.

The tires may rub, they may not. Depends on the manufacturer and individual car. On my particular car one tire rubbed and the other didn't. The rub was more of an occassional 'scuffing' when rounding a corner with M/T ET radials. It shouldn't be a problem. Good luck.

Back