You can type here any text you want

wheel and stud issue?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
Ok here's the scenario:

I want to run stock rims with stock lugs for car shows. (I have these on the car now)

However, I also want to run my WELD Prostars...

Probelm is twofold:

1. Welds have a 1" (or deeper) center which basically swallows the whole stud...

2. The holes for the studs on my fronts are actually a narrower diameter than the rears! (Note: All the rims are WELD. All are 15 x 8. Fronts are 4.5" bs and the rears are 3.5" bs)

Questions:
What is the length of the shank (lug) that I will need for my weld rims? (so that I can keep the stock length.) I called Summit but thery were useless...

Will I need closed end or open end lug?

I am under the impression that, for track purposes, I would need to have some thread protruding from an open end lug. (ie: longer studs) Is this correct?

Please advise. The lugs I have barely fit so I need to send them back and re-order...

TIA

Weld sells special lug nuts for them that will get all the threads into the thickness or depth of the center hub without protruding out of the backside-it's just a matter of using different lugs.( closed style). I believe I have extras if you need them. McGuard might also sell these lugs or go to any wheel distributed who sells the pro stars and they should have them in the store.

Technically the studs are supposed to extend past the hub of the wheel by atleast what the thickness of the stud is:7/16" or 12mm, so in order to run 1/2" longer studs you would probably need different lugs for your stock wheels, jegs or sells whatever you would need.

Back