Wheel caps

alexo

Is there any alternative to the NOS or old T type caps? Can't find em for reasonable money, all the new ones are too expensive.
Bought a set of gn caps, but looks like they won't fit.
Any input?
Thanks a million.

I bought a couple of sets of Pontiac Firebird GTA wheel center caps for about 60-65 dollars for a set of 4 brand new to run on my 87 limited, so as not to risk loss/theft of the original T centers. If you google 87-92 Pontiac Firebird center caps for sale, many vendors have these available. You can get them in black or chrome plastic. They will have the Firebird design on them, but you can buy the inlays from several Buick suppliers(although they cost about as much as the caps). I did use some clear silicone caulk to keep them secure.

Fast4Ward said:
go 3 inch flat caps:)

Source? Link?

I bought several sets of the stockers when new as they looked flimsy back then. I have "gone without" for fear of loosing them. Do these flat caps clear the front spindle caps?

I wrapped the fingers on my caps with electrical tape. About 2 turns, but they fit very nicely, and you can still get them out.

Here's a picture of my wheels with aluminum overlays installed with clear silicone seal in factory GTA caps. These have the GM metal locking tabs inside the caps to ensure they don't fall off accidentally.

gnx-gta wheels 002.jpg