Wheel size

Wht87T

All Throttle... No Bottle
Will 15x10's with 3.5BS fit on my TR without rubbin on the frame? They are goin on MT 28x10.5x15 drags. TIA

My Weld 15x10 rims are a 4.5 backspace and slicks dont rub, not sure if 3.5 will cut it.

Originally posted by Wht87T
Will 15x10's with 3.5BS fit on my TR without rubbin on the frame? They are goin on MT 28x10.5x15 drags. TIA

That's exactly what I have. And the driver's side rubs a bit. I'll be getting the frame notched soon.

Rich, are you suuuure your's are 4.5" backspace? I can't see our bodies/frames/rear ends being that much different and I have about ½" clearance on the driver's side between the frame and the tire section....and about ¾" clearance on the passenger side.

With 4.5" backspace I wouldn't even be able to tighten the lugs without jamming the slicks against the frame.

I've found that EVERY TR seems to be different. I have 18x9.5's on mine with 5.5" backspacing with no rubbing..... I seem to be the exception, but I found the best you can do is measure it and decide for YOUR vehicle....

Derrick

Re: Re: Wheel size

Originally posted by ChrisCairns

Rich, are you suuuure your's are 4.5" backspace? I can't see our bodies/frames/rear ends being that much different and I have about ½" clearance on the driver's side between the frame and the tire section....and about ¾" clearance on the passenger side.

With 4.5" backspace I wouldn't even be able to tighten the lugs without jamming the slicks against the frame.

>>>> Hi Chris,

Yep the Welds I've been running for the past 11 years are the 4.5 BS. I can double check em to be sure, in fact I bought the same exact rims for my wifes Blue T that runs the Nittos on and knock wood haven't had a problem.

Hope that helps but to be sure will recheck.....at 38 Chris I got the CRS disease.....lol.

Thanks for your help guys, I'm gonna measure to be sure b4 I order them.

Re: Re: Re: Wheel size

Originally posted by Buicksx2

>>>> Hi Chris,

Yep the Welds I've been running for the past 11 years are the 4.5 BS. I can double check em to be sure, in fact I bought the same exact rims for my wifes Blue T that runs the Nittos on and knock wood haven't had a problem.

Hope that helps but to be sure will recheck.....at 38 Chris I got the CRS disease.....lol.

LOL. Yep, I'm familiar with that disease.

See you and your famous jack (trailered of course) in a few days....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wheel size

Originally posted by ChrisCairns

LOL. Yep, I'm familiar with that disease.

See you and your famous jack (trailered of course) in a few days....

>>> Hi Chris,

Unfortunatley I will not be attending the nats this year, therefore nor will the famous jack.....lol. Backed up at work and shop and wife coming out of hospital this weekend, just too much going on. But if you are going to Bristol please stop by our EZ UP in the Holiday In parking lot to see "The Jack" and drink of course....lol.

Safe travels Chris and have fun next week,