You can type here any text you want

Wheel suggestions???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBO 6

Beer Snob
Staff member
Someone please tell me what rims to put on this car. I can't decide. I want to put a 15" rim because of potential 10 second E.T.'s. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 87 Turbo T 010.jpg
    87 Turbo T 010.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 237
whatever it is put Wheels with BLACK centers and Chrome/polished Lips.... would look BAAAAD A$$... and match perfect:eek: :D .... why limit to 15s... you know you can switch wheels at the track:rolleyes: .... Simmons f Series or something like that.... is it a Track Only car? if not take advantage of bigger sizes..... its funner when actually "driving" the car..... IMO:eek: :tongue:

I agree with Royal-t, try to get something in black, chrome rims stick out too much with dark paint in my opinion.

I understand why you want to stick with 15s but I think you could go up to 17s and still have style and performance out of them.

I thought about Torq Thrust 2's, There are also those TT with the black center, Welds, GNX style, I have no idea. I hate swapping rims at the track. Anyone else?

Black TTs would be nice. I've considered TTs many times but can't bring myself to put more money into another set of wheels when I still want things like an Alky kit. I think TTs would look great, plus a company like American Racing has the best choices for size, backspacing, etc.

I was also going to say GNX rims but I know that tire selection is limited for 16s. But if you could manage to find the right tires I would do the GNX wheels. If you can't track any down then I would do TTs. Other than that I don't really know.

The problem I have is two turbo cars. Between the two I don't have the coin to do what I want. I'm really leaning toward drag stars, because I can get them for less than $800. 17" TT's would run me $1700, plus the tires won't hook like the 15" tires. I could get 15" TT's, but that won't look right. GNX wheels are definately an option, but then I'm stuck needing tires. So I really don't know. I also need an alky kit, so the funds are limited. If I didn't want the alky I would go with 17's.

I know how you feel. I'm still paying bills from the stuff I bought last summer and now I'm starting to buy stuff for this season.

Chrome wheels wouldn't be the end of the world, especially if you're not looking to spend a ton. You do at least have chrome trim and bumpers so it wouldn't look as out-of place-on as it would on a blacked-out TR.

It's probably easiest in terms of money and tire selection to just do some 15" drag wheels like you're thinking about. Can always get rid of them if you really don't like how it turns out. If you really want a bargain don't forget that Summit and Jegs now sell their own brand of Weld look-alikes.

I think that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna check summit and jeg's wheels.

Leave the T wheels on it and buy your alky kit........ lol.

I would surf ebay for wheels if your looking for 15's. Pro Stars, Drag Lites, Convo Pro's, etc. Good luck with the search!

PS - Dont buy COYS!:rolleyes:

Yeah I was gonna buy wheels but I'm just gonna save that 2 grand until I wanna go faster.

I know how you feel. I spent WEEEEKS trying to pick out my first set of wheels, and now after a few months, I'm already buying different ones.

Haha that's pretty much what i went through too, I was dead set on this one pair, saw another i liked, got tired of the first pair, etc, repeat, etc, so i was finally like screw this i'm saving it for a turbo or something!

Back