You can type here any text you want

Wheel/Tire Size Help!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KrewChief

Hello!
New Member, first post. Thanks in advance for your help with this. My 84 GN is sitting in the garage and ready to come out of a 11 year 'coma'. When I 'obtained' it, back in 95, it already had a SBC transplanted, but I digress. I used to have cragar street stars, but sold them back in 98. I want to run the widest tire I can without modifying the backhalf of the car. It does have a 10bolt Posi (4.10 gears) from a 67 GTO (exactly the same width as stock rearend) with South Side Machine upper and lower control arms. I really like the throwback look of the Weld Prostars, so my question is this. The biggest BF Drag Radial is a 275/60R15 in the 15in size, will this fit? :confused: I guess I'm prefferential to the 15" wheels, so I could get either the 8in wide rims, or the 10in wide rims, if they'll fit. Also, I was just reading up on some of the posts regarding backspacing, but that was for a narrower tire. Any thoughts on the 275 60 15 combo? I may have to unbury my car and get a tape measure out, measure the available backspace, etc., but I was hoping for suggestions from you guys who have already been there. It was smart to hold on to my ride when I parked it 11 years ago (blown motor, cracked windshield, etc.) just hoping I'd regain interest when I hit my Midlife Crisis (coming soon!). I have plans for a new 454 small block and a 6/71 blower (probably next year) but I have to get it moving first! Thanks in advance for your opinions and input!:)

KrewChief

A lot of cars on here have the 275/50(or 60)/15's on them. Use the "search" option, as this topic should be in there plenty.
275's fit fine. I have the 275/50/15's on stock 7" rims, and they fit fine

Attachments

• picresized_th_GN_rear_tires_001.jpg
    picresized_th_GN_rear_tires_001.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 254
First thing to do is to take those Southside Machine bars off unless you dont care about your frame. They will destroy your frame in no time. Those are horrible.

Yeah my Southside bars are horrible , only got a 1.39 60 FT with them :rolleyes: . A 275-60-15 (28 x 10.5 slick) is all the tire you'll ever need with the suspension tuned right .

Attachments

• BOPC 2008 1 ( for post ).jpg
    BOPC 2008 1 ( for post ).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 218
Back