Wheelie bars?

MAX PSI

I did some back to back testing the last couple weekends. The 11th I made 2 passes with my old 70GTQ . It went a 9.67 @137 but it started popping at the top of high gear. I lowered the boost 2lbs and attempted another pass. It popped as soon as let go of the button. It ended up being the plug wires. I fixed that and installed the 71HPQ. and went to the track today. I turned the boost down another 2lbs but left the 2step and launch boost the same. It went a 9.70 @ 142 but I had to peddle it 3x's to bring it down. See attached photo. On that pass it snapped the frontend straight up the next pass i took some travel out of the front in and turn the launch boost down 2lbs and still had to peddle the car but this time it didn't snap the frontend so violently it was more of a gradual rise. Not to mention I was still nervous from the first pass. On the 3rd pass I took another 2lbs out of the launch boost and what I thought was another 100rpms out of the two step but I turned the wrong dial and took 1000 rpm out. The car left like a turd but still went 9.60 at 147.5 mph best mph ever. After this pass the turbo started pushing oil out the exhaust all it took was a phone call to Cal Hartline and it was taken care of. As luck would have it I loaded the car up on my friends trailer to take it to his place to get the bumper fillers painted and I told him he will have to buy some more paint now.

Attachments

• IMG00024-20100418-1117.jpg
    IMG00024-20100418-1117.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 478
Dam Phil. You need to put some weight on the front end or put a few pounds on.

Steve

Great job, Phil. Get that turbo boxed up and we'll make sure you're ready for Bowling Green. I wouldn't want you giving your tent spot up ;)
I can tell the tracks are opening up in the North. I received 3 calls from guys at the track today.

That picture is F*ing awesome. I agree, leave the battle scar there!!!

Congratulations (again) Phil!

Dang Phil!!!!
You really nead to watch where you are going when you are backing up:eek:

don't be telling anybody how much more power you are making;)

I guess I should have left the rear view mirror in there. Them black cars are hard to see anyhow.

Her's a shot of the second pass. It went up another foot before I aborted the pass.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 336
abort ??? I guess you need to take some lessons from Jason White. LOL

I thought it was drifting to the right. It did come down hard. About Jason, at Reynolds in '07 I was in the lane next to him when he did that 1 wheel dance. If you get a chance ask him who won that race.