You can type here any text you want

When do I need FAST or OTher

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
At what point would i need to consider swapping out my stuff for FAST or similiar? Fuel Injectors, or major upgrades?

Thanks

Originally posted by aperrego
At what point would i need to consider swapping out my stuff for FAST or similiar? Fuel Injectors, or major upgrades?
Thanks

Well the need is up to you. There are people who can burn chips for almost any combination you have.

Usually when you hit the 10's tuning becomes a little harder and the after market systems with there wide ban o2 sensors and recordable information let you tune a little faster.

Good Luck

Depends on your ability to want to really understand EFI.

With an update to the injector drivers, and late MAF, the system really is timeless.
DS gives you 18 frame/second data logging.

If your to the time where your time is so expensive that you have to min your tuning time, and have nother better to do then drop $2K on the ecm, that's another situation where it might be a good idea.

BUT,
A poorly tuned aftermarket is no faster then a poorly tuned stock ecm.

You might just consider getting real familiar with the stock setup so that when you go with the megamoney setup you know what you're really doing.

The secret to good tuning is good tuning

My opnion:

When you want to make changes to your car without having to get chips. If you are going to make one change and live with it forever, just have someone burn you a chip and be done with it.

If you are going to make tons of changes (injectors, turbo, cam, heads, IC, stall speed, exhaust, etc.) you can re-optimize the tune yourself quite easily.

The FAST gives you the ultimate control over your engine. But if someone else can burn you a chip and you are set in your combo, then you may not need this much control.

The further your combo gets from a "factory" setup, or the more changes you're going to make, the more you'll like the FAST.

Or if you're like me, your car came with a carb and points, no factory ECM available to put a chip into...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Back