When I turn key I lose all power??

Albert.gn.

New guy
Can't seem to figure out what's going on. It slowly started happening. Seems like a short? Or bad barey cables ?? Dont know

You need to explain your issue a bit more. Are you saying that you have a power drain that is killing the battery or are you saying that you charge the battery but then the starter won't turn over and/or other electrical items won't run?

Thanks for the reply.
The issue is losing all battery power: the battery has full charge. I start by connecting the new battery and I have power on evrything. But as soon as i turn over the igntion it all dies out. No crank. Nothing. I was thinking more towards a bad igntion switch but since I'm new to this im not sure.the battery reads out good charge. Also the buick stays dead untill I toggle the switch for a while or let it sit for a bit or I completly take off the battery. I've been told to replace the battery cables which is next on my list. It can be the starter? It can be a short somewhere? Coil.? It just happened one day once my battery drained. After I replaced 2 new batteries it started getting worse. Prior to this happening. I had a problem with my gn stalling when I put it in reverse gear. I'm not thee greatest with cars. I do just enough to get by. but Anything helps. Thank you.

Sounds like a bad battery cable, or bad connection either the starter stud (positive cable) or turbo bracket (negative cable). Also there is a tap on the negative cable that attaches to the steel fender support that feeds the body electrical ground.

Common problem with the positive cable is acid "leaching" that goes into the terminal lug and eats the copper conductor under the insulation. If you find a bulge on the heavy cable right at the molded terminal cover, it's pretty obvious.

Another problem is when the positive cable stretches between the battery and the starter stud, hitting the down pipe, and when the engine is under torque, pulls into it, burning thru the insulation. There is a clip on the frame rail that is supposed to keep the cable away from the hot parts, but it commonly fails to do its job. That will kill the system in a hurry.

Finally, always check the electrical grounds found at the rear of the cylinder head, passenger side. There are 7 ground wires, with four lug terminals between them. Common problem is when they corrode or come loose.