You can type here any text you want

When to upgrade from the stock throttle body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Just wondering, when would a throttle body swap from stock be considered ideal?

Thanks.

upgrade

I traded my bluetops for some #60's really helped my combo.you have to be getting close on duty cycle with those 36's and the 60 size turbo

have you had it ported yet?

I would consider that to be the first step.
I had mine rebuilt and ported.
Better throttle response at the least.
Thanks
Jim

I traded my bluetops for some #60's really helped my combo.you have to be getting close on duty cycle with those 36's and the 60 size turbo

I've asked about this...been told the 36's are fine for now...per a few people, one of them being Dan (Grumpy)

I would consider that to be the first step.
I had mine rebuilt and ported.
Better throttle response at the least.
Thanks
Jim

Is it even worth porting the stocker? That means a new throttle blade too right?

I've asked about this...been told the 36's are fine for now...per a few people, one of them being Dan (Grumpy)

Is it even worth porting the stocker? That means a new throttle blade too right?
it all depends...some will say yes others will say dont bother....i had mine done, and for what I paid, I think it was worth it....i believe my throttle shaft seals were part of a vacuum leak issue I was chasing.....seemed to idle much better after I had it done, plus it was all cleaned up...was able to remove one problem from the equation by having this done

(Is it even worth porting the stocker? That means a new throttle blade too right?)
It also solved a vaccum leak at the TB for me, and the porting blended the TB with the upper plenum perfectly.
I thought it was money well spent.
Jim

I would not touch the TB = try to tune your combo the best you can.Just my three cents ..:D

I would not touch the TB = try to tune your combo the best you can.Just my three cents ..:D

I agree. I'm running high 10's@124+ with a stock throttle body and a mild build. Spend your money on something else. JMHO

Thanks. Not sure what my next mod should be. I've got the big stuff...TT chip, alky, 3 inch downpipe, 3 inch exhaust, injectors, turbo, intercooler is a stocker but has the Dutt neck. All of my mods are in the sig.

Thanks. Not sure what my next mod should be. I've got the big stuff...TT chip, alky, 3 inch downpipe, 3 inch exhaust, injectors, turbo, intercooler is a stocker but has the Dutt neck. All of my mods are in the sig.
i have a very similar combo to u, save for the alky....i didnt do my tb to add hp, I did it to clean things up and eliminate issues down the road...mine had a ton of miles when I picked it up, and i was chasing some idling issues...i did the tb and plenum to eliminate them as possible problems

Back