You can type here any text you want

Where can i Put 6.5's?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

orion

I have the chance to buy two sets of MOMO 6.5 components for dirt cheap, i don't want to pass this up, where can i fit these futhermockers? The Arm rests under the windows in the back seat look tempting, as well as purchasing some kickpods. Although i think they look ugly, any way i could mount them on the back deck?

thanks in advance

rob

so how'd you do it? NICE car by the way, looks really clean and dark as hell. but is that a brown interior? Are those the lear seats?

Originally posted by orion
so how'd you do it? NICE car by the way, looks really clean and dark as hell. but is that a brown interior? Are those the lear seats?

HA - No, the interior is Graphite grey. Front seats are out of a 2000 TransAm, the rest of the interior was done to match it. Center console is out of a Monte SS (arm rest!).

I did a complete custom job on the doors/panels to get them in. Others have said they've put 6.5s in behind the factory CSII panels (i still don't see how)

My way is a little complicated.
-Move the power window motors rearward 1/2" for a little extra space (this is really easy)
-trim the lower door panel for the speaker (it'll fit up inside the angled part...give enough clearance for a grill)
-put the panel on the door and trace the hole on the metal
-trim the door metal to match the panel
-Make a 3/8" spacer ring (2)
-mount the ring and speaker to the door metal (not panel)
-fit the panel on and trim out the door panel (More) so it doesn't interfere with the speaker (speaker will come through the panel)
- mount the grill & assemble it all

I also went a little further with mine and made a one piece bottom (front to back) and relocated my window switch just to make it look a little cleaner.
Maybe some of the other guys will chime in with their simpler way to do it but with the speakers I used (Diamond Audio Hex 600s) This is what I had to do to make it all fit and not hit anything. Make sure to check all your clearances (window & wiring) before buttoning it all up.

your car looks great, real custom. i like it a lot. Im thinking about alternatives now to 6.5's i don't want to hack up my doors to much considering their in good condition and the rest of my car (interior) is stock and whatnot...but im glad to hear it can be done!!

-peace, keep up the good work.

p.s. whats the stock size in the CSII? in the doors

6.5 speakers

A friend of mine made me some custom fit kickpods. He covered them with black carpet and they blend right in. They are mounted in the floor. Also might try Q-Forms and see if they make anything to replace the panels that cover the ECM and the panel beside the emergency brake. This was my solution as I didnt want to cut my doors either.

Back