You can type here any text you want

Where do i buy books, "how to build up the engine"?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Swede

-89 TTA 7 sec car
Hi all!

Greetings from a cold and snowy Sweden!

I have some catalogs here but i can't really find a book that shows how to build up the engine, you know from a empty block to a complete engine.

All tips and inputs are more than welcome!:cool:

Thank you!

The Step-By-Step Guide to Engine Blueprinting: Practical Methods for Racing and Rebuilding by Rick Voegelin (1997) is a nice step by step guide. [ISBN: 1884089267]

Engine Builder's Handbook by Tom Monroe (1996) also looks interesting [ISBN:1557882452] I saw it on amazon.com while looking up the ISBN for the above title.

Hope this helps and that the long winter days are growing longer. I had the pleasure of visiting Stockholm and Harnosand in the summer a few years ago and enjoyed the long summer nights...

Scott

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-4548021-4114351 [searched on Engine Blueprinting]

Hello Scott!

Thanks for your answer but those books where not for the Buick 231".

So..... Stocholm and Härnösand then..... nice places you've been at! And the midnight sun as well i guess in Härnösand?

I have found something at Poston's but then i must buy 3-4 chapters of different books to have it complete for the engine build up.

Originally posted by GN ERGY
What about the different articles in Gnttype.
Tarey D.

OK.... i know there is webiste called gnttype.... but what do you mean now Tarey?

Originally posted by The Swede
Hello Scott!

Thanks for your answer but those books where not for the Buick 231".

So..... Stocholm and Härnösand then..... nice places you've been at! And the midnight sun as well i guess in Härnösand?

True enough, thought you wanted a general reference. I can't remember the proper title, but maybe someone else can jump in with more information on what I believe is called the Buick Power Source manual or something similar.

We were in Härnösand in July and had dinner at a pub in the daylight after midnight! We were watching the local cruisers and a late 1980s trans am in very nice condition and a late model Camaro; amazing to see in such a small town. My wife and I both loved our visit and can completely understand why our friend wanted to marry a Swede! And I can understand this better after being in graduate school with a Finn ;) .

Good luck!

-Scott

I've never seen one, but the book you may be looking for is called "The Buick Power Source Book"

Does this book give the information The Swede is looking for?

Bruce recommends "The Power Book"

:)

I have found some books from Poston....
http://www.postonbuick.com/eshop/10Browse.asp scroll down to the middle, to the right of the cap.

Funny thing is that when i look in the "paper catalog" they have more chapters of the engine books.

GN ERGY; thanks for the link!

And nobody knows where to fins this "Power book"?

Back