You can type here any text you want

Where is Craig Smith?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I have not seen him respond to anything lately on here? WHats going on here? THis is very strange.

cs

Maybe, just maybe he is working on the fast software update.
but dont get your hopes up lol

Sorry guys. Simply not enough hours in the day for everything I have going on lately. I've been watching here but haven't really had time to respond.

Leaving town for the rest of the week. I'll try to catch up here when I get back into town.

Ya know- I love my Buick despite the fact its been down 2 years waiting for a motor. I am used to it. Seems like EVERTHING I order for this Buick takes months and endless calls trying to get vendors to fullfill their commitment after getting my money. I will say Red Armstrong is the only vendor I have dealt with that delivers right on time or earlier. This update from fast just frustrates me. It can not take months if their focused and working on it. I would belive it has to do with volume and our Buicks do not rate high in that catagory. It is just disappointing. There is little choice but to wait and at some point someone at Fast will get around to it. Just like a Video- I doubt that project is even on a list somewhere. I will go back in my corner now and hold my breath. Just venting - Larry

well its not the end of the world, dos version works pretty good still. At least you dont have a stage block that the pistons don't fit and the crank doesn't turn after it comes out of a machine shop.:mad:

Originally posted by norbs
well its not the end of the world, dos version works pretty good still. At least you dont have a stage block that the pistons don't fit and the crank doesn't turn after it comes out of a machine shop.:mad:

OUCH !!!!!!!

Larry,
I doubt the wait for the new FAST has anything to do with Buicks. If you had a sb Chevy or Ford you would still have to wait for the new box. I may be wrong, but I would think they will all use the same hardware (box). This time, it has nothing to do with Buick be a small market. Now your engine, on the other hand......

As far as i know its a software update, and i have a Ford and am anticipating the update
As far as no one delivering,see my other post on the update on this forum
It could be worse, they are coming out with a new system @ some point, at least they are doin something for us guys with the "old"/existing system, if i have been informed correctly, shortly after Gen7 came out tAccel/DFI stopped all Gen6 servicing

If your impatient, this is not the hobby to be in, fishing may be a better solution, but then again there's often waiting with that;), i've always prefered to do my fishin @ the pet store:p

Originally posted by Superskwrl

It could be worse, they are coming out with a new system @ some point, at least they are doin something for us guys with the "old"/existing system, if i have been informed correctly, shortly after Gen7 came out tAccel/DFI stopped all Gen6 servicing

In Feb, 04, I sent my Gen VI in for repair.
Was almost painless, excellent service, no excuses, and back in less then a week.

Just wondering, what do you think this new software from FAST is going to do for you that the old one can't? If you are currently having a problem tuning you FAST system on whatever engine it is on with the current software whether it is the DOS version or the Windows version then the problem is the not the software but the tuner. There is nothing wrong with the current versions of the FAST software, actually it is far better than any other companies tuning software for their particlar engine management system. Craig is a very busy man, get off his case. I know for a fact that this will be the first place posts the link to the new software when it is available.

I understand that they are busy, but if the software is ready and just needs to be distributed, email me the file and I will host it on my webspace for free.

I would think if it was ready then it would be available on FAST's website.

Back