Where to buy new GN wheels?

turboscott

I am working on a deal for a low mile GN. I am looking to buy it in the next couple weeks once the weather gets better here in the SNOWBELT, known as New England.

Car has 10K miles on it and the wheels are mint. I want to keep them and the original tires that way. I am looking to buy a new set of GN wheels to put on it. Anyone know where to get them. I checked Kirban's site and he didn't have them listed.

Hey Bro

I don't think anyone sells brand new factory wheels. If I were you I'd decide on if your want a pair of used rims or some aftermarket rims.

I could have sworn I saw them for sale in a catalog like bowling green or something. Does anyone have a website for bowling green?

I've got a brand new set that have never even seen a tire & they're definately not cheap either. Email me if you seriously want a NEW set. I've even got a set of 5,000 mile TR-correct Eagle GT's on hand. Thanks.

Wouldnt it be alot cheaper to buy a set and just have them totally reconditioned, (chromed and painted)?

you can get a cheap set that needs refreshing from the vendors on the board or in the for sale section, will cost you alot less.

From what I have been reading it is about $200 a wheel to recondition. I have mint wheels already, I just want to keep them that way. So, I would have to buy used wheels and have them reconditioned. It would be about $400/wheel when all said and done. I would rather get aftermarket at that point.

I could have sworn I saw them in a catalog some place?

Originally posted by turboscott
From what I have been reading it is about $200 a wheel to recondition. I have mint wheels already, I just want to keep them that way. So, I would have to buy used wheels and have them reconditioned. It would be about $400/wheel when all said and done. I would rather get aftermarket at that point.

I could have sworn I saw them in a catalog some place?

thats considering you pay 200 a wheel, and if they need to be reconditioned, i doubt you would pay 800 for a set of 4 rims.... you can get a set of 4 that arent good for under 200 bucks for all 4.

Just put T wheels on the damn thing. They're lighter, cheaper, better looking and refinishable (is that a word?)...

:)

i got a rust free but dull set for $65 and they even had brand new snow tires on them. I put them on my 83 bonneville that i dirve in the winter.

I've got Kirbans GNX wheels,and agree that the 86/87 wheels are'nt the best looking(matter of opinion)but as theese cars get older it would be nice to have a set of the original wheels in nice shape. Who reconditions them.I'd pay good money for it to be done.

Kirban bought the entire inventory many years ago of all the left over "new" GN wheels.

You might give them a ring. I think he sold them all.

Richard Clark has a few sets but he won't sell anything.

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
i got a rust free but dull set for $65 and they even had brand new snow tires on them. I put them on my 83 bonneville that i dirve in the winter.
:confused: