Where to find a check valve for the PCV

GSTOY

I'm needing to find a check valve for the PCV valve. I want to make certain that I'm not pressurizing the inside of the engine.

Thanks,
Steve

Pete Tomka has one as well. I think it is the same as what Kirban sells with a couple pieces of hose added to it.

GM also has a 90 degree check valve part # 18021981 with barbed ends. Not sure what this originally went to but it looks like something I've used before.

All of the aftermarket valves dont function right as they wont open at vacuum. The GM one probably does.. the one I posted does if you modify it.

ForcefedV6,
thanks for adding the link to Pete's site. I couldn't quickly put my hands on it.

Steve,
Now you have some good options to look at.:biggrin:

Thats What I Need Thanks Bro Waiting For Them To Call Me Back To Order One

Unless theyve changed their valve design, it doesnt work like a PCV at idle.

Thanks for all the replies. Now just to choose which one? I want to make sure it still lets the PCV do it's job, but when in boost, I don't want it pressurizing the internals.

Steve

All of the aftermarket valves dont function right as they wont open at vacuum. The GM one probably does.. the one I posted does if you modify it.

How do you modify the one you posted to make it work?

How do you modify the one you posted to make it work?

Open it up and cut the spring down. You could probably even remove the spring.. I dont remember if I tried that or not.

The Clippard valves are cheap and work well. I sold a ton of them and never had any complaints.

I went to Orielys and got a Vacum check vale for a GM vacum brake.

Jogging the memory, that is what the GM part # I listed is for I believe. For what it's worth, there is a similar 90 degree barbed check valve unit for the Mustang as well. Don't remember if they both were black in color if that makes a difference to you.

maybe worth a trip to your local autoparts store just to do a looksee then make a decision.:rolleyes:

***that way you know what your choices look like and now know how they will perform

Jogging the memory, that is what the GM part # I listed is for I believe. For what it's worth, there is a similar 90 degree barbed check valve unit for the Mustang as well. Don't remember if they both were black in color if that makes a difference to you.

maybe worth a trip to your local autoparts store just to do a looksee then make a decision.:rolleyes:

Mustang PCVs arent any better than Buicks.. they let boost blow right into the crankcase. Maybe 2 crappy check valves will equal one good one tho.

go to home depot, plumbing, brass stuff, get a couple of barbed fittings and a union, go home an rip apart an old caster laying under your work bench for the ball bearing, take apart a ball point pen for the spring....cobble it together and walla

go to home depot, plumbing, brass stuff, get a couple of barbed fittings and a union, go home an rip apart an old caster laying under your work bench for the ball bearing, take apart a ball point pen for the spring....cobble it together and walla

well arent you mr. crafty! :biggrin:

I didn't have the chance to do anything today, I had to attend a all day seminar :(

I think I'm going to try the GM PN first to see if that's available, plus I have a account for dealer pricing and it's local so I can possibly get the car up and going for the weekend. O'Reillys will be second. The one from clippard looks good, but geesh 10 bucks handling charge plus another 5.56 in ground shipping, but the part is like 5.41 :(

I like the liquid/gas stop, I wonder if I could find something similar in the grainger catalog? How well does it hold up to underhood temps?