Where to find a check valve for the PCV

I like the liquid/gas stop, I wonder if I could find something similar in the grainger catalog? How well does it hold up to underhood temps?[/QUOTE]

It seems to be holding up well, was on for 4k miles last year and still looks like new, its very small and stealthy as well, a mist of black paint and it would be really hard to see....

I like the liquid/gas stop, I wonder if I could find something similar in the grainger catalog? How well does it hold up to underhood temps?

It seems to be holding up well, was on for 4k miles last year and still looks like new, its very small and stealthy as well, a mist of black paint and it would be really hard to see....[/QUOTE]

Polypropolene or Kynar(?)?

You guys are missing the point of what this valve is supposed to do.

Its to stop boost from going into the crankcase.. it needs to be able to open the valve at vacuum. None of the aftermarket valves operate correctly under vacuum so you might as well just remove the PCV and call it a day.

I dont know if it will or not. You need to get one and vacuum test it and see how many inches of vacuum it takes to open it. If the engine cant suck the valve open, its just like not having a PCV.

" Polypropylene and Kynar® housing with Viton® diaphragm. Will work with vacuum between 2 and 29 in. Hg. and pressures from 1 psi up to 150psi. "

The specs. at the top of the page seem to say it will work at idle. ;)

I use one and they work just fine, I bought both types not sure which one I am using probably the poly. one.

3/8" work fine with the barbs. and the 11/32" hoses that are usually found on PCV systems. I use clamps on mine with the oil fume tank in line with the PCV system.

Mines been on over a year and I had to swap out hoses on it for something more robust, still worked fine even with lots of oil fumes and vapors going through it. :(

I dont know if it will or not. You need to get one and vacuum test it and see how many inches of vacuum it takes to open it. If the engine cant suck the valve open, its just like not having a PCV.

It flows vacuum freely, and closes rock solid under boost, us soon as the pressure is gone its free again...

" Polypropylene and Kynar® housing with Viton® diaphragm. Will work with vacuum between 2 and 29 in. Hg. and pressures from 1 psi up to 150psi. "

The specs. at the top of the page seem to say it will work at idle. ;)

I use one and they work just fine, I bought both types not sure which one I am using probably the poly. one.

3/8" work fine with the barbs. and the 11/32" hoses that are usually found on PCV systems. I use clamps on mine with the oil fume tank in line with the PCV system.

Mines been on over a year and I had to swap out hoses on it for something more robust, still worked fine even with lots of oil fumes and vapors going through it. :(

looks like a good option to me, I'll probably order one today. Looked up both materials (polypropylene and Kynar) on the net and either one should withstand the heat and chemicals of the PCV system, but the Kynar seems to have increased resistance to both (heat and chemicals) so for 50 cents more, it's not a bad idea.

As for functioning at idle, the catalog page indicates it should open at 2 in. of mercury which is just under 1 psi so I agree, it should function fine at idle.

HTH
Rob

Looks like they are on back-order at this point anyway. I'm going to order one up, when available, and try them out. For a $1.04 you can beat it...if it works!

Mustang PCVs arent any better than Buicks.. they let boost blow right into the crankcase. Maybe 2 crappy check valves will equal one good one tho.

Jay, you missed my point. I was referring to post #9 about the GM vacuum brake check valve that 1chance purchased from O'reilys. Ford uses a very similar piece. That's what I was talking about. Agreed, a PCV valve is the same on every brand.

Last year I ordered a few of the US Plastics valve. I used one and passed out the rest. NO issues with 3 in service. I tested mine before I installed it and the little bugger worked great at holding back pressure and opened real easy.

well arent you mr. crafty! :biggrin:

Ya know what red green always said...if she dont find ya handsome..she better find ya handy;)

really what i made works good i have it going into a cheap seperator, the valve i made angles down so the ball bearing and spring are correct up and down and not sideways...i can cobble with the best of em eh