You can type here any text you want

Where to find coil spring bushing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87NAT

In Between GN's
My rear coil spring rubber bushings are shot. I have a good clunking sound now going down the road from metal-on-metal.:mad: Where do I find these rubber bushings? My top ones are good. I just need the bottom ones.

My rear coil spring rubber bushings are shot. I have a good clunking sound now going down the road from metal-on-metal.:mad: Where do I find these rubber bushings? My top ones are good. I just need the bottom ones.

I assume you are talking about the rubber isolation pads. There is no pad that goes on the bottom of the spring from the factory, only the top.

I have some on the bottom of my springs and they are rotting away.:confused: If its not factory I wonder where they come from. I do have a clunk back there and I assumed it was coming from that spot.

I assume you are talking about the rubber isolation pads. There is no pad that goes on the bottom of the spring from the factory, only the top.
x2...if you think the sound is coming from the spring perch, just take an old tire and cut two disks out of the sidewall. However I would suggest taking a look at the upper and lower control arm bushings if you are hearing a "clunking" sound. The spring perch usually just squeaks...If it is loose enough to clunk I would think the springs would pop out?:eek:* Just my $.02:D

Most companies that sell springs generally have some type or brand of isolater cups usually made of poly but not always. try Energy Suspension Products, but try what others have said first, they are probably correct. For clunk I would check out the upper & lower rear control arm bushings.

I put some old vacuum line around the bottom spring coils. That fixed it. Dont know why mine was making noise. Maybe thats why I had some grommets down there in the first place from before.:confused:

What's really shot are your springs and / or shocks. These cars did not come out of the factory with spring isolators. I would find out what's wrong in the meantime. Could also have incorrect springs / shocks or spring / shock combination.

I bought my car years ago and it sat in storage for 5 years before I purchased it. It had bilsteins on it and I have never changed them.:redface:

Maybe they are shot from sitting so long. I can 1.59 sixty foot right now with my current suspension setup so I would hate to change anything that would be detrimental to its launch capabilites.

Back