You can type here any text you want

Where to install a scanmaster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

transampacecar

After reading here, I want to install a scanmaster. SInce I am trying to keep the car original, I would prefer to install it in a place where, if removed, wont show holes in the dash or where ever
Where do you guys suggest mounting it so if removed, wont have any obvious holes.

I have mine mounted under the dash pad above the speedo. I see it through the steering wheel.

I got a piece of band metal and put four 90* angles in it to form around the SM using the exsisting screws under the dash.

HTH
Bo

I just installed mine yesterday. I will post a pic. I also mounted it under the dash but its right under the pillar on the angled part of the dash...

I put it here so i can keep my eye on the boost gauge,A/F gauge,Fuel Press and scanmaster. Its all in the same area not all over the place.
I just have to change the velcro to black or double sided tape. the white looks tacky.

scmaster.jpg

I made a harness for mine with a cig lighter plug on it and a aldl pin on the other. I take the ash tray out and it fits in there nice :) I take mine from the GN to TTA allot that's why I did'nt mount it more permanent. But it fits in the ash tray real nice :cool:

Originally posted by transampacecar
After reading here, I want to install a scanmaster. SInce I am trying to keep the car original, I would prefer to install it in a place where, if removed, wont show holes in the dash or where ever
Where do you guys suggest mounting it so if removed, wont have any obvious holes.

Mine is mounted under the dash above the speedo wheree I can see it thru the wheel. You don't need to drill any holes, just get some velcro from thye auto parts and stick it under the dash.

Back