You can type here any text you want

Where to mount Dakota dash boost sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

billygeg

Hey Guys, Looking for info on where to mount the boost sender supplied with the Dakota Dash unit...Here is a pic.It has a fitting that looks to be about 3/8" that screws in
IMG_5238.JPG

That's a pipe thread. Can't tell from the pic, but mine are 1/8", NPT. It is in the back of the intake, below the ign box.

That's a pipe thread. Can't tell from the pic, but mine are 1/8", NPT. It is in the back of the intake, below the ign box.
This is definitely a bigger thread..Looks like about 3/8" to me.....Back of the intake below the ignition box??? Sounds like another fun one to get to! :banghead:

Should be 1/8 npt.. you can plum it anyway you like. Most of us tap the intake when it's off or in the plenum or t into a line and put a hose barb fitting on that transducer. Anyway is good

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
A new billet vaccum block would come in handy. It's already threaded.

View attachment 285166 A vaccum block would come in handy.
YES! I would love to do that but what do I do with the rest of the lines coming off it on the passenger side? Also where do I get one?
you can get them from trcustomparts, fullthrottlespeed, or gn1.
It has six ports so that's plenty for the vaccum needs and a vaccum brake booster. You can get brass port from your local auto parts store.

It has six ports so that's plenty for the vaccum needs and a vaccum brake booster. You can get brass port from your local auto parts store.
I just took a look on tr custom parts...It appears they have 3 ports on each side so I would have to route 3 lines to the opposite side and use the last one for the boost sender..Is that a simple enough job? How do you do it..I seen a pic they had up on the tr custom website with one that was done in all braided lines..Really nice!

I just took a look on tr custom parts...It appears they have 3 ports on each side so I would have to route 3 lines to the opposite side and use the last one for the boost sender..Is that a simple enough job? How do you do it..I seen a pic they had up on the tr custom website with one that was done in all braided lines..Really nice!
vacblockfinished_002.jpg

I just took a look on tr custom parts...It appears they have 3 ports on each side so I would have to route 3 lines to the opposite side and use the last one for the boost sender..Is that a simple enough job? How do you do it..I seen a pic they had up on the tr custom website with one that was done in all braided lines..Really nice!View attachment 285169
Yeah pretty simple. If you run an egr then you may have to install a Tee one of the hoses.

I just looked...Is that the port that goes straight down into the intake with a plastic clip and green wire on it? Its kind of deep down there!

Back