Which Action Camera should I get? Gopro,Contour, Ion...

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Need people to chime in on what the best bang for the buck action camera is. I have watched lots of video and actually used a Contour personally. I like the barrel shape, but hate the small Sims card. I would rather be able to use a standard SD card with a barrel type camera. GoPro on the other hand is impressive, but I dont like the bulky square look (specially on a helmet) and the price is pretty high.
Need experienced advise because I am going to be recording everything I do with my car this spring. This means all test hits on the street, drag racing, prowling, and maybe some tutorials.

I've also been looking for a video camera, have you taken a look at the garmin or the replay xd?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I wanted something really small, really cheap, and proven to be tough.
I ended up getting a used contour on Ebay for $50 shipped. I already had a mount from my GPS I never used, so I suction cupped it to my T-top and fabbed a mount for it. Works great!

someone on another board posted a link to some $49 cameras that take better pics and videos than a GoPro and stand up to just as much abuse. they also liked the way they operated better- if i stumble across it i'll post the link here..

it was some name i've never heard of before- thinking it sounded somewhat Asian (shocker, i know...)..