You can type here any text you want

Which braces should i get? Will they help a sloppy suspension?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Kirban again

Rear seat comes out so you can reach in and get the bolts tight. Also saves the problem of accidently drilling thru the rear seat. You do need that torx style socket to remove the back seat cushion as it is bolt to the floor pan and holds the seat belts as well. It is not a 15 minute project.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

past owner of many 1986-1987 Turbo Regals

I did it without taking the seat back off.

I am errr... was flexible at the time a few years back. :biggrin:

Here's a few pics. from the instrucions so you can kinda see what you need in advance.

A short drill won't go through the seat cushion.

Front braces helped my car in one of many accidents. :rolleyes:

And no I don't have a scanner. Instructions circa 1994 or so....

It's a two or three beer job for sure. ;)

Kirbansrearseatbraceinstrutionpic.jpg

Kirbanrearseatbraceinstrupic2left.jpg

Kirbanrearseatbraceinstrupic3right.jpg

Kirbanrearseatbracepartspicandlist.jpg

kirban 2 cents worth

On the above note the date of the instructions 1994 over 14 years ago when they came out. Hard to believe it was that long ago. While your method worked leaving the back seat intact, makes life easier if you remove the back seat first.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

owned may Turbo Regals over the years only installed one rear seat brace kit in my current 87 Turbo-T.

Any time, if I get adventurous I will try and get pictures of all the words. :p

Would be easier if someone could scan them and post up a file for ya. ;)

I don't have a scanner. :frown:

With those lttle pics I think I can manage to put it in.

I did notice one of my braces doesn't have as big of a flattened end and it doesn't have the two holes on one end. Not sure if that's supposed to be like that or not.

I plan to do the install tomorrow, hopefully I'll have it doe then I can post some pics.

looks good real good. if it where mine i would turn the bolts around so it has a nice clean look inside the truck instead of threads facing back. but all in all looks great nice job.

I left the bolts facing out so the people in the backseat would not have to feel them when I accelerate. :biggrin:

So far I've noticed the dead spot in the steering wheel is now reduced. I also installed my jounce bars too. Now I need the tie bar for the jounce bars.

Kirbans 2 cents worth

Good job, I am sure you would not want to do several installs a day! I think the hardware we include have shorter bolts so they don't stick out as far.

We sell the front connecting brace if that is the one you are referring to that completes the triangle from the front pair of frame braces. Ties them altogether under the core support area. Probably offered by other companies as well. Its a design my son made several years ago. Early style was square welded piping newer version is vastly improved is a round bend tube.

I am sure other styles exist but more than likely the most popular ones seen today would be one of the 2 I have described above.

Another smaller similar improvement is check to see if you have the lower body bushings in the middle of your door area, just in front of your rear axle and the very last ones back by your rear bumper supports. If your car is not rusty in those areas a 15mm socket can remove those bolts real easy and you can drop in the body bushing to fill that gap.

Buick from what I understand wanted a different "ride" quality and that was the reason they never installed certian lower body bushings. However, in the real world of quick acceleration any slop in the suspension you want to eliminate..

If you get real ambitious you can install the GNX bushings which require a little more work since it sits on top of the frame rails over the axle assemblies. This requires backing out most of your body bushing bolts so you can separate the body from the frame enough to slip them in. Not an easy task to do on a garage floor, and one that should be done making sure you take proper precautions because if something was to go wrong you could lose a finger or two.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have done hundreds of installs on front braces and lower body bushings on cars we have sold over the years, but only one rear seat brace kit!

Back