which axles

I like the Moser axles.Talk to the guys at Gears R Us listed in the advertisers section.I think they run 225.00.

Drive 805 since you are in so. Ca., get Tom's axles. I had the Moser's and they twisted the splines, Tom's are much stronger. 1.4 sixty foot and no problem. Tom's differnitial is located in Paramount,Ca.
Good Luck,
Jeff

thanks

i have heard of tom's and understand that they are reputable..
i usually work with hoopers in sun valley but i want to do this myself and thought that i could get axles through a buick vender cheaper.... but i will try tom's on monday and see what he can do for me thanks Mike

What I like about Tom's is that he has axles specific to your application. This increases inventory dramatically. Some of the other suppliers have one size to fit all and they cut the spline area and respline end to make them fit. This will damage the heat treat and make for a weaker axle. Also do not use c-clip eliminators because they are not meant for the street and they leak. I used the Moser system and that was nothing but problems. Instead use the Ford ends so that the axle can be bolted into the tube.
Good Luck,
Jeff