You can type here any text you want

Which BHJ Balancer?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
On BHJ's site, they list two different balancers available for internally balanced turbo V6 type applications.

One is a billet steel piece (6.0 #) .... both hub and inertia ring. Part number BU-IBV6-7

The other piece (4.9 #) says "Billet Aluminum Hub/Steel Inertia Ring Construction". Part number BU-IBv6-7-C

It appears Full Throttle's site is selling the 6# version based off their part number.

Anybody running the lighter piece? Price is the same on BHJ's site.... FWIW....

how about this

On BHJ's site, they list two different balancers available for internally balanced turbo V6 type applications.

One is a billet steel piece (6.0 #) .... both hub and inertia ring. Part number BU-IBV6-7

The other piece (4.9 #) says "Billet Aluminum Hub/Steel Inertia Ring Construction". Part number BU-IBv6-7-C

It appears Full Throttle's site is selling the 6# version based off their part number.

Anybody running the lighter piece? Price is the same on BHJ's site.... FWIW....

Take a stock balancer and have it neutral balanced?

Or TA Performances SFI one.

Attachments

• TA SFI bal.jpg
    TA SFI bal.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 277
Grumpy said:
Or TA Performances SFI one.

I have considered the TA SFI piece as well..... but it is only a "hub" not really a harmonic balancer.... like the BHJ piece. With 6500 RPM on my new motor a possibility...... don't want to put something in there that would put anything to chance.

LOT said:
Take a stock balancer and have it neutral balanced?

I have considered that as well.... however... Alan (88ZNX) told me he has seen alot of the stockers crack...... don't won't that to happen to me and hurt the crank....combine that with 6500 RPM.... I decided I should look toward a SFI piece.....preferrably a real harmonic balancer....

Lee, have you had good luck with a modified stocker? What RPM's was these engines achieving.

HighPSI said:
I have run the lighter piece

That is good info. Thanks for sharing.

Are there any alternatives for SFI approved..... real harmonic balancer..... as a lower cost alternative to the BHJ? 88ZNX is running a BMS balancer..... but those aren't exactly easy to find......

hubs

I have a few stock neutral balanced hubs out there but to my knowledge none are being spun over 6000. Yes they are cast, so cracking is possible.
We are going to have to get creative with your governor to achive 6500 rpm. Maybe you should start looking for a spare governor (and governor spring). I have the BMS hub on my car which is just that, a hub, no a balancer. I have thought about a real balancer but my bearings always look good on freshing. Just my opinion. Best of luck.---Lee

We are going to have to get creative with your governor to achive 6500 rpm. Maybe you should start looking for a spare governor (and governor spring).

Have you tried out one of the KC valve bodies to see if that will do the trick? I've seen a few people have success with them on higher HP builds.

no

Have you tried out one of the KC valve bodies to see if that will do the trick? I've seen a few people have success with them on higher HP builds.

Have not--but I'm highly optimistic that I can get a BRF governor to shift @ those #s. I need to raise mine from 5800 to 6200--we'll see !!!

I have a few stock neutral balanced hubs out there but to my knowledge none are being spun over 6000. Yes they are cast, so cracking is possible.
We are going to have to get creative with your governor to achive 6500 rpm. Maybe you should start looking for a spare governor (and governor spring). I have the BMS hub on my car which is just that, a hub, no a balancer. I have thought about a real balancer but my bearings always look good on freshing. Just my opinion. Best of luck.---Lee

That is good info Lee.... About the BMS hub....I should't be scared of the TA SFI hub then.... I guess. I wonder if the harmonics might become more of a factor as the RPM's get higher?

KC vb

Have no experience with anything other than the BQ and BRF. I would have to see one work right before I will believe it. Reason for saying that is I did some major work on a car over the last 2 years. The guy already had the engine built and had bought a built generic trans. Won't mention where it came from --not my point--point is that it worked OK--but not exactly as I would have liked. Up shifts were OK--too soon, but OK. Cruiseing---then go WOT--it would go to first gear no matter what speed. Didn;t care for that.

Back