You can type here any text you want

which block???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
why are the off center blocks more desirable than on center block (or vice versa) from what ive seen people looking for?

Originally posted by turbo buicks
why are the off center blocks more desirable than on center block (or vice versa) from what ive seen people looking for?

The off center block will except stock or after market parts depending on what you want to do. Usually if your building a stage motor most everything will be after market. The on center motor takes a few different parts and can be set up to make a little more HP than an off center block, but after 800+ hp who is counting hehehehe :D

Some of us here in michigan like the offcenter for street racing.
We somtimes switch plates for effect.

" i raced that car the other night , he only runs mid 11's."

;)

If they ever make an on center cast aluminum stock appearing intake im there baby!!

Originally posted by Trbobuick
If they ever make an on center cast aluminum stock appearing intake im there baby!!

Well BGC did make a intake like that. I have one with the plenum using GN1R heads. you can see a photo on my home page
Http://Home.swbell.net/nwhyte/index.html

Their is a picture of them motor before it went into the car.

Take Care

nasty- let me rephrase. a cast aluminum intake that they make more than 20 of. ;) Which is NOT unobtainium to find.

Originally posted by njturbo
Neil you run a 400 with the stock shifter stalk:confused:

Yes I run a T-400 and have a B&M Mega shifter in the stock location.

The photo was taken a week before the switch. But to look at it, the only difference in the inside is a different shifter type.

Take Care

Originally posted by NastyGn
Yes I run a T-400 and have a B&M Mega shifter in the stock location.

The photo was taken a week before the switch. But to look at it, the only difference in the inside is a different shifter type.

Take Care

Sweet Deal. :)

Back