You can type here any text you want

Which Cam Sensor Gear?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cjcwi87

I will be starting my rebuilt engine soon but am unsure what cam sensor gear to use. The Comp Cam roller cam is supposed to tear up the stock gear. I bought an import brass gear but it looks too soft and I don't think it would last very long. Comp Cams makes a composite gear. Which one will it live long term. I'm not crazy about any of them breaking down and filling the engine with metal particles. Been there, done that with a flat cam. What's the deal? It there one I can install and forget about for 20K miles on a street car?

I will be starting my rebuilt engine soon but am unsure what cam sensor gear to use. The Comp Cam roller cam is supposed to tear up the stock gear. I bought an import brass gear but it looks too soft and I don't think it would last very long. Comp Cams makes a composite gear. Which one will it live long term. I'm not crazy about any of them breaking down and filling the engine with metal particles. Been there, done that with a flat cam. What's the deal? It there one I can install and forget about for 20K miles on a street car?

I believe Dan at DLS has a fix for this. Give him a call.

???

Is it a billet roller cam? If a cast cam, you need to do nothing, if billet go to Stage II section and do a search "distributor gear", I have a post as how to solve the wear problem. Anyone can do it. Best of luck.

Back