which coil springs to buy?

BM Computer Src

I need some suggestions on which set to buy. I would like the drop in height to enjhance handling. I have found Eibach and Suspension techniques. They both drop the car 1" and .8 (f/r). Has anyone had experience with these, or any others I should be considering? I believe these are not variable rate (which I would like) but I was unable to find any for our cars.

Thanks!
-Bob

I have Eibachs on a car...looks good...obviously rides stiffer...

You can probably find springs from the link above that will satisfy your needs more cheaply.

maybe I should post a poll to see who prefers what... It sounds like the Eibachs are the way to go though. That link is a great help, thanks!

-Bob

my first try at lowering and stiffening up the car didnt work out well. i tried going the moog route. wasnt getting the results i wanted and didnt want to cut the coils. so i got the eibach kit and was very happy with both the ride height and stiffness. the rears are variable rate.

From my experience and others I know with pst, lowered 1 inch means lowered 2, and stock height means jacked up 2 inches. So unless you can figure out how pst does their spring calculations stay away.

The car does look cool lowered 2 inches with 265/50's up front.

Turbo Brian,
What were the part numbers on the MOOG springs you installed? Did you try to lower the car or replace the stockers?

Spoolinup,
You are not talking about MOOG springs, right? I thought pst just made the polygraphite bushings and stuff?
What springs are you running and do you like them?

i just got my Moog cc651 (cc cargo coil - variable rate) springs in the mail yesterday ...i am putting them in tonight along with airbags and upper and lower control arms....

Originally posted by GN-231
Turbo Brian,
What were the part numbers on the MOOG springs you installed? Did you try to lower the car or replace the stockers?
fronts were 5658, rear 6321. the front sat about .5" lower than the stockers. the rear didnt change. according to the site linked above, that should have dropped 1.5" front .5" rear. nope :) my goal was to get the tires to sit level with the fender lip to get rid of that space. the eibachs dropped about 1.5" all the way around and the car sits perfectly. cost me more, but im happy with the results!

Originally posted by GN-231
Turbo Brian,

Spoolinup,
You are not talking about MOOG springs, right? I thought pst just made the polygraphite bushings and stuff?
What springs are you running and do you like them?

5660s up front and 5379 in rear (Moogs) just put mine on with new Bilsteins all around, and the car sits perfectly level front and rear with stock ride height, and handles sweet. Hope that helps.

jojo

Hey Bob, next time your skulking around (I've seen you skulking) in the salvage yard, pick up some rear springs off an 80s firebird (not transam) and give them a try. Price prohibitive though........$5 each.:(

Found my pst receipts, here is the part

PR CSFL1 says front coil springs lowered 1" (ya right)
rears are the same code and say rear coil springs lowered 1"

They might be moogs, but it does not say. These are noticably lower than the old sagging springs with 80,000 on them. So, these are atleast 2 inches lower than the stock factory springs.
I luckily put air shocks in the rear due to my 295/50 and in case of passengers (never) but damn, the front needs a plow to make me back some of the dough for having to get my wheel well cut out to fit the 265/50 without rubbing the sidewall on pot holes on the highway. The front is totally noticeable, and the rear is no big deal with the air shocks at 55 psi.

I will say this though, the front is really tight and the car can do 50 mph easily on off ramps and sharp turns. I can not even push down the front end and I am not weak. So the extra psi on the coils are actually really nice. But still, not what I ordered.

I have photos if anyone wants to see my ride mike@spoolinup.com