You can type here any text you want

Which Cold Air Intake?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bowtie Mafia

I am considering a cold air intake for my G.N. I have found two that I am debating between. 1: The TinMan and 2: The Big Mouth kit from TR Custom Parts. I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with either of them and which one would be most recommended. Thanks

Mine of course! We also offer MAF pipes to match as well. PLUS, we have supported this board for over 10 years.

Mine is homemade and works great, but if you are looking to buy one, Turbo Regal Custom Parts is as good as it gets. He has different options also as you will see when you check the site out.

I have Marks (TR Custom parts) on my 87 and I love it. Been on the car since he came out with it. the chrome is in perfect condition still. ;)

Personal preference, two completely different methods to achieving the same result. I've installed both and prefer the looks of Mark's Big Mouth setup. In fact I'm ordering one for a local car tonight!

Thanks for all the help and response to this. I think I'll be giving Mark at TR Custom Parts a call pretty soon.

Which is better the original big mouth or the new design?

You eliminate one bend with the newer design but it is more work to install. You have to cut a hole where the fuel vapor canister normally sits in the plastic fenderwell and have to move the canister to the frame rail. Easy to do. Also have to relocate the vacuum ball under the fenderwell as that is where the filter will now be.

Has anyone done any testing to compare the various cold air kits vs. just hanging a K&N type filter off the MAF?

If so what were the results?

Thank you
~JM~

Has anyone done any testing to compare the various cold air kits vs. just hanging a K&N type filter off the MAF?

If so what were the results?

Thank you
~JM~
This has been beaten to death:confused: .It is a personnel choice.The op is interested in a CAI. If you want one buy it from someone that supports us:D

Kevin

This has been beaten to death:confused: .It is a personnel choice.The op is interested in a CAI. If you want one buy it from someone that supports us:D

Kevin

Could you direct me to the thread. I've tried a search & ended up with too many hits that ask the same questions, but none with the answers.

What are the main differences between the 2 systems?

Thank you
~JM~

No perf advantage that anyone can prove using A-B-A testing.It is a personnel choice,some like them some don;t.I just try and buy from people that support me.JMHO

Kevin

Back