Which DFI system is easiest to use and most reliable?

Awesome T

Hey,

Not to open a can of worms, but I've been away from Buicks for a while and trying to get back up to speed. I am thinking of buying a DFI system for my car, and would like to start with what is the accepted favorite. I know there will be differing opinions of what is best, but I'd like to buy a used system, and see everything from FAST, XFI, Motech, and a few others, and could use a primer and opinion if anyone has the time (biased or not). Thanks. John.

Seems I've seen this discussion recently. Maybe a search of the archives will answer most of your ??'s.

Chuck,

Heck, you're right. I found some helpful posts after I posted, but left it up to see if anyone still wants to chime in.
Who are the main dealers of the systems? I'm in the Northeast. Thanks. John.

My opinion

I have used FAST haltech and AEM ease of use is FAST. AEM is very configurable but has hardware and software isses alot. MY FAST stsyem has only suffered from software bugs. Like if you don't disconnect before turning off the key it will change some parameters, easily reloaded. Some times in the software the temprature will change from degrees to a raw value causing me to remove and reinstall the software on my laptop. Other than that I hands down give it up to FAST for ease of use and reliaibility. NOW remember these are the only systems I have used. This is not the XFI unit either.

I started on FAST and when I started I used my OEM computer and a data logging program to log the injector duty cycle and timing VS rpm and load in a comma delimited format in excell so I could use thoes as a guid line when setting up the fast unit.

I have done all my maps with no base map to start from and I have found ways to speed up the process of getting a good tune in a short while, but it takes considerable time to fine tune the application. I would pick the fast unit with wide band for the buick. MY OPINION ONLY.:smile:

The AEM was on a supra and the Haltech was on a turbo Nissan.