You can type here any text you want

Which downpipe?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys i know this has probably been asked a 100 times. But i cant search and find anything good. I was wondering who makes the best 3in downpipe, that works with the stock style wastegate and removes that nasty stock elbow piece. I see some on RJC's website. Does anybody have pics of theres installed? Thanks

I have the TA perf pipe and it is very very nice. Can't go wrong with it for sure. I have heard good things about the RJC pipe as well, but when I called to order mine they didn't offer it with a dump, which was confusing because it is pictured on their site. Jason may have changed that since then though.

Im looking on TA performances website and dont see it for the turbo 6. Can you give me a link?

In the process of installing the RJC 5 inch on my T type right now as well as his 4 inch exhaust. The workmanship on it is something else. The down pipe Dwarfs my Turbo. +1 for the RJC Down pipe

So with the 3in from TAperformance, am i going to have to cut anything like fender wells to get it to fit? Thats what i want to avoid.

On the TA pipe, it slides right in perfectly with no interference. It has an o2 bung in case you have a wb sensor. Its the 3" that I have.

3.5 fits perfect nothing cut, stock manifolds, ac in place. I have HR parts mounts and about 1/4 inch clearence with frame. for me key was mount it up and hold it just were it needs to be while tightening the bolts and there is just a little wiggle room. I had to fit it in from the bottom up. looks very sweet

3.5 fits perfect nothing cut, stock manifolds, ac in place. I have HR parts mounts and about 1/4 inch clearence with frame. for me key was mount it up and hold it just were it needs to be while tightening the bolts and there is just a little wiggle room. I had to fit it in from the bottom up. looks very sweet

Shoot i would love to go 3.5in but that cost way to much for me...

downpipe !

gn 1 !! go ext gate ! do it once do it rite !

its the same one FULL TROT AND TR CUS SELLS ! I THINK EVEN BRAIN IS SELLING THEM NOW . or are they still not talking

I like my Terry Houston downpipe. It fits like a glove, just that they're no longer made and can be costly, depending on where you go/who you buy from.

Here's what mine looks like installed, and a shot of it with the reat of my exhaust.

Attachments

• 5-26-08 001.jpg
    5-26-08 001.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 261
  • EXHAUST1 001.jpg
    EXHAUST1 001.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 274
gn 1 !! go ext gate ! do it once do it rite !

its the same one FULL TROT AND TR CUS SELLS ! I THINK EVEN BRAIN IS SELLING THEM NOW . or are they still not talking

I mean i wanted to keep it "kinda" stocker looking. I also dont see the benefit of me going external gate. My car is NEVER going to see over 19lbs at the most.

Buick Grand National, Exhaust | Cotton's Performance Buick Grand National Parts & Service

I know you weren't interested in an external, but for a few dollars more you can get a DP and ext. gate. When I had my internal it would creep up and down a few pounds of boost with temperature changes. The external seems to stay locked in to where I set it. I also have run a dial controller into the car to control boost on the roll. I keep mine under 20 lbs. for the most part, if your planning on a FMIC as in your sig. the stocker look is out the window anyway.:cool:

Back