You can type here any text you want

Which Drag Radial is the best?? What do you have?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which DR is the best? Which do you run?

• Total voters

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
MT seems to have the market cornered in drag radial tire performance. The Hoosier Dr's are starting to be recognized, but its mostly a regional thing. Some have even found a gain over the MT's.

I like the MTs that I have. If the time comes when I need new tires and I can't get MTs, I will try the Hoosiers. Some of my friends have them and they work well.

Ive used the Nittos (on my thirdgen F body) and the M.T. drag radials (on my buick)

The nittos are great in that they are like a pure street tire that is extra sticky. I drove them in all kinds of weather, through twisties, you name it... for many many miles. The only thing letting me know they were different was the traction which was way better than the firestone sz50s I had on the car before. Wet weather traction was as good as any regular street tire I've ever had.

The M.T. drag radials are amazing. You damn near have the traction of a set of slicks on the street. I race on a set of 28x10.5 et drags.. and the difference is not very great between them and my DR's. They are far stickier than the nittos, but the price is less wet weather traction. When I drive in the rain on them I'm on the edge of my seat trying to be extra cautious though admittedly, I can't recall ever hydroplaning on them. It may have to do with being extra cautious and the fact that I seldom have driven in the rain.
Bear in mind that this is coming from a guy who has driven on slicks in a massive downpour for 4 hours and is still alive to tell the story :biggrin:

M/T drag radials

times is in the sig with m/t radials. still think it could be better, i'm blowing thu my converter at that times too.

In the last 2 years and countless street races, I can count the number of cars that have beaten me off the line on one hand.

MT ET radials.

i liked the BFGs and Nittos i've had in the past, but also like the MTs i currently have. they have all performed well for me.

the bigger question here in michigan, is 'which snow tire performs best'? :eek: :biggrin: :rolleyes: while others report of their recent experiences at the track ......... we are expecting another inch of snow tonight!

bw jones

I've only had experience with MT ET street drag radials. This was on my Chevelle. It had a big block 396 bored .060 over, 3000 stall, 3 speed TH350 auto, 4.10 posi out back and a .574/.578 lift cam. Managed to pull a 1.87 60 ft at best off the line foot braking the car. I asked a spectator that worked in my shop and he said there was no tire spin, car just hooked and went.

But I see a lot of turbo Buick owners running the same tire.

The quickest and fastest drag radial cars in the country run the M/Ts. Nuff said!:cool:

Looks pretty unanimous for Mickey Thompson Drag Radials!!!!:eek:
One thing I have noticed on some of the other DR's, make sure they are DOT approved. some DRs are not!!

Hey Dave, I still have those MT ETs that you sold me almost 2 years ago...who knew my BFGs would still be holding up..every time to the track I think its the last time, yet they keep on gripping and still have soft compound on the "slicks" that are left :D

MT drag radials

Look at the 60' time in my sig on a junk track...tell me if you think they are good or not???

Looks pretty unanimous for Mickey Thompson Drag Radials!!!!:eek:
One thing I have noticed on some of the other DR's, make sure they are DOT approved. some DRs are not!!

You know I'm wondering....unless you're running in a class that requires a D.O. T. tire, is it really worth the bother? Because a lot of folks I've talked to have said just because it might be D.O.T. approved doesn't really mean it's safe for the street.

You know I'm wondering....unless you're running in a class that requires a D.O. T. tire, is it really worth the bother? Because a lot of folks I've talked to have said just because it might be D.O.T. approved doesn't really mean it's safe for the street.

I dont have any problems on the street. I even drove on the freeway at 75 mph for 45 min there and 45 min back from the track without issues. I know they suck in the rain, the only downside I know of. But then, I dont usually go out when its raining:eek:

Back