You can type here any text you want

Which Drag Radial is the best?? What do you have?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which DR is the best? Which do you run?

• Total voters
Hey Dave, I still have those MT ETs that you sold me almost 2 years ago...who knew my BFGs would still be holding up..every time to the track I think its the last time, yet they keep on gripping and still have soft compound on the "slicks" that are left :D

Change those dang tires :tongue: You better call BFG and have those things put under glass :eek:

A word of caution. Hoosier DOT drag radials are NOT legal or recommended for street use. It is embossed onto the sidewall and confirmed to me by Hoosier. The DOT rating is a sidewall designation only to meet NHRA class rules. I sent mine back to Summit and purchased M/T's. I'm not giving the state/city bumble heads a reason to ticket me.

Anyone got pictures of them on a stock wheel?? I'm thinking of putting them on a stock wheel if it doesn't look to outrageous.

A word of caution. Hoosier DOT drag radials are NOT legal or recommended for street use. It is embossed onto the sidewall and confirmed to me by Hoosier. The DOT rating is a sidewall designation only to meet NHRA class rules. I sent mine back to Summit and purchased M/T's. I'm not giving the state/city bumble heads a reason to ticket me.

They can still ticket at their discretion. MT's are decent as long as you are not driving through puddles. I have not seen a DR that is safe driving through puddles. They all seem to be shaved down. MT DR's are amazing. Just got 3 more sets today. It smells like a tire store in front of the house :biggrin: .

Anyone got pictures of them on a stock wheel?? I'm thinking of putting them on a stock wheel if it doesn't look to outrageous.

Here's my Mickey Drag Radials on my 86 T-Type. The size is 275/60-15

MickeyThompsonDragRadial.jpg

86T-type17.jpg

Also with the same size Mickey Drag Radials on my 71 Skylark with a mostly stock 455 I managed a 1.61 60' with a 3.42 gear at the GS Nationals this year. The ET was a 12.77@102...I was running out of fuel. I guess the stock Stage 1 pump is getting replaced.

I run the Nitto555RII road racing tire on my Z06 vette and it hooks well on the street. It is the same compound as the DR, but has stiff sidewalls.

the mickey's ride better than all the dr,but i found the hoosiers hook better. i was able to run a smaller tire and get the same hook.

Mickey THompson is sponsoring the TSM and TSO point series this year.

Back