You can type here any text you want

Which Headers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

captndave737

TA Performance (not the stock style), KB3, or something else?
Huge price difference.
I'll be going with a 3" downpipes with external waste gate.

What's your goal or is this for looks?

This^^

What is your goal for the car?

What is the turbo you are going to use?

What is your budget? (If you are going external WG you'll want to run a good boost controller too)

Got rid of the stockers 20 years ago. I've been running Poston since then. They've been welded many and there are a couple more cracks that I need to weld before I sell them.

I'm looking for best fit and something that isn't going to crack. I hate the stock style crossover pipe.
They're going on my 109 Block, forged, girdled,Billet mains and Earl Brown Pistons, Champion ported irons, bored TB,Ported intake.
I'll be running a 6262 with a garrett .63 Exhaust housing and 218/218 roller cam spec'd by Bison.

Budget isn't my main concern but of course is a consideration. This is the first time the engine has been opened since I bought the car in 87. Had 210K on it when it spun a bearing.

Last edited:
Got rid of the stockers 20 years ago. I've been running Poston since then. They've been welded many and there are a couple more cracks that I need to weld before I sell them.

I'm looking for best fit and something that isn't going to crack. I hate the stock style crossover pipe.
They're going on my 109 Block, forged, girdled,Billet mains and Earl Brown Pistons, Champion ported irons, bored TB,Ported intake.
I'll be running a 6262 with a garrett .63 Exhaust housing and 218/218 roller cam spec'd by Bison.

Budget isn't my main concern but of course is a consideration. This is the first time the engine has been opened since I bought the car in 87. Had 210K on it when it spun a bearing.

PM sent.

I think you're the first person I've ever heard of that says that.
THey make sense to me. I like the use of identical equal length headers.
WIth a low compression stock cube motor and a BB6766 i can easily footbrake race the car.
Spoolup is a non issue which is what i recall the biggest complaint being

THey make sense to me. I like the use of identical equal length headers.
WIth a low compression stock cube motor and a BB6766 i can easily footbrake race the car.
Spoolup is a non issue which is what i recall the biggest complaint being
They sound good too. I fucked up and sold my "in great shape good flange type" dirt cheap. Because i fell in the spool up BS.
if i find another set i'll take them and V-band them.

On a N/A setup, primary length, collector size etc can make sense. On our stuff it's pretty much a non issue because we have a pressurized exhaust so there's never a vacuum at the exhaust valve from a negative header pulse.

Most of the negative stuff I've read is just like you said. All that extra volume has to be pressurized before the turbo can get on the clock. It takes a deep breathing engine to overcome all that extra piping. Unless, of course the goal is to soften the hit to keep from blowing the tires away. Sometimes making an engine soggy will make the car faster.

Sorta like losing the battle but winning the war.

They sound good too. I fucked up and sold my "in great shape good flange type" dirt cheap. Because i fell in the spool up BS.
if i find another set i'll take them and V-band them.
Make a post, that’s how I found my used ones. Love how my car sounds beside not sounding like all the others

On a N/A setup, primary length, collector size etc can make sense. On our stuff it's pretty much a non issue because we have a pressurized exhaust so there's never a vacuum at the exhaust valve from a negative header pulse.

Most of the negative stuff I've read is just like you said. All that extra volume has to be pressurized before the turbo can get on the clock. It takes a deep breathing engine to overcome all that extra piping. Unless, of course the goal is to soften the hit to keep from blowing the tires away. Sometimes making an engine soggy will make the car faster.

Sorta like losing the battle but winning the war.
My car will 1.42 60Ft off the footbrake using a PTC 17 blade with a 6766BB Turbo. I leave at 12#s and can leave way harder and this was with a stock cube 7.8-1 compression motor with a 218-212 cam. Turbo convertor technology makes any spool up issues go away

Back