which headgaskets???

drive805

well found out that i had a blown headgasket ...which headgasket is best ???i had felpro don't know the part# but they sure seem to go easy don't know if was the builder fault or not but was wondering what headgasket would be the best thanks

How long between failures? Was everything checked before you installed another set. At the bare minimum you should check the heads and block deck with a precision straight edge and feeler gauges before installing. I always roughen the surfaces up with some 60-80 grit too so shiny spots or previous head gasket blowout spots are addressed. As for gaskets the stockers work well and the Fel-Pro 9441's are about the same exact thing. If you want a little more bite the Fel-Pro 1007's will work well but you have to have the receiver groove put in the head and you may damage something else since the gasket will hold up. Same goes for a single steel shim, it may hold but your pistons or rings may go South! Figure out why you are blowing them first or you will be a pro at putting head gaskets in before you know it!

headgaskets!!!

well on the first rebuild the timming chain went.....after 12k then on this rebuild i have 3k and the headgasket went..i think that the rebuilder messed up and didn't torque the heads correctly but i'm still waiting to see if the builder will make it right with the gaskets he say that i ovewrboosted it that is why the gasket went but the gasket is blown into the cylinder not out so i think that it was either incorrect build or faulty gasket i will see