You can type here any text you want

Which injectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
I just picked up an off-center stage 2. I plan to use my stock ported intake with precision 70 mm plenum, accufab tb, on champion ported gn1's. it's a 274 cid, with 212-218 solid roller cam. My question is this, with my red's double pumper, and stock computer(modded) until i get my fast system, which injectors should i use? i'm using a pt-70 gtq and a precision front mount. I have some 160's, are these overkill? i'm not sure if i can get an extender chip for these...

I think those are way too big... I would suggest some 83's or smaller for that turbo. Not to be an a$$, but that cam seems a little small as well. I take it this is going to be primarily street driven?

160's are hard enough to run on a Batch fire system, let alone a stock modded ecm...There are only a few guys out there that can make them idle with batch fire..Sequential is another story. I say 83's would fit the bill.

Depending on boost levels, You might wanna think about upgrading your fuel system.(fuel pump)

my goal is low 10's, high 9's, mostly low-mid 10's. is this reasonable? would 95 lb injectors be suited to my application? planning on getting a bank-to-bank FAST.

I run 83LBS on my Stage car with a 70GTQ. Fuel is not a problem:cool:

You need a good fuel pump like a Aeromotive.

FWIW, I'm running 96's on a stock ECM (modded) with a MAF-T and Extender, and they work great. So you could probably go either way.

which are easier to tune and idle? I heard the 95s can be a problem and that 83s were pretty good. I'd like to hear from anyone using 95s, are they good or a pain?

Not sure if the Delphi 95's are the same as my MSD 96's (I thought they were), but I've got no idle problems at all. In fact, I passed CA smog with them (not with the Extender chip, but with Neal's Brutal Six chip.)

Drove it to work today, BTW. It's downstairs as we speak. ;)

Back