which oils affected by removal of zinc?

Royal Purple

I use only Royal Purple and noticed it was not on that list.

So I called the tech line and the guy said because it is NOT a "SM" oil, it is fine to use on a flat tappet cam as is with NO additives.

Stay away with oils that have the star burst symbol on them and you should be fine, I use Valvoline racing in mine, 4 and1/2 qts 10-30 and one 20-50. just my formula.

Ron

I'm glad I started this post. Maybe the reason I'm replacing a motor is because I used Mobil 1 15w-50. It says "none". Live and learn, right? Tim

Im surprised there's not a class action on this. Ive told other car guys about this for 3 years now....they just scoffed. I saw a guy who I told and he said, "Youre right, a buddy of mine just wiped out a $28000 rat motor in 100 miles." There should be a warning on label. Id like to see the gov sued , not the oil companies. I know, gov is immune. At least theres agreement that its the lube....I argued that on this site 3 years ago.

Stock up on the GM # 1052367 , EOS (engine oil supplement) ;)

"Specifically formulated as an engine assembly lubricant. EOS provides outstanding protection against run-in wear and piston scuffing as well as run-in camshaft lobe and lifter scuffing resulting from insufficient lubrication."

Hughes Engines Inc. Extreme Pressure Lubricant?

Anyone else heard of this? Anyone use it in our cars? The sales pitch sounds promising, but is that all it is, a sales pitch? I might try it if I'm not the only one.