which scantool??

Boostymofo

Hey guys,
I just recently got my GN running and know very little about tuning these cars. I heard that a scan tool is a must, but i'm not really sure which one i should get?

I was thinking- Scanmaster 2- but i've heard that it takes too long for the information to be relayed on the screen and its not accurate (or something like that)??? Since i dont know much about these cars...would a SM2 be enough for me? I'd like to eventually run high 11's at the most...

thanks in advance
-Dave-

With a good chip, MAF, and spare test parts the scanmaster and a good KR gauge with a mobile Fuel Pressure gauge is all you should need for your goals.

I have Direct Scan and have only used it twice. My Maxeffort chip defaults are good. Dyno tuning helped finalize my fuel pressure setting which wasn't off much.

The laptop and cabling hanging around on a daily driver can be a pain. Especially when it's not yours. :D

I don't think you can go wrong with a ScanMaster. It's darn near perfect for everyday use. I have both a ScanMaster and TurboLink. TurboLink is slow when it comes to frame rates as well as ScanMaster when compared to DS. But the boost sensing option with TurboLink is pretty awesome.