You can type here any text you want

which shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
will the monroe shocks be good on the street,my car will not see the track often.Or spend the money and get the bilsteins.

I personally like the Bilsteins...my GN is only street driven...never raced...the ride is a little stiffer...but not harsh

It depends on how stiff you want the ride to be

First, take a good look at your rear springs. Even with a good shock, if the springs are weak you will not get a decent ride as the back end will bottom out easily. It took me a while to figure that out. Even with multiple shock changes, the rear end kept bottoming too easily.

I have put on just about every shock there is. Now that I know I have to replace the rear springs (Kirban variable rate), I can start my evaluation over.

My thoughts on ride quality and shocks, for what it's worth...

Bilsteins. They ride great on the highway. They are very stiff on the street. Someone posted a while ago that you could tell the difference if you drove over a penny or a nickel. They were right.
Edelbrock Performer. Very similar to the Bilsteins, but they have a definite bottom to the shock. You can tell when they hit the bottom.
KYB. Just a bit more movement than the Bilsteins and Edelbrocks. Good compromise. Street ride is tight. You can tell on these when they hit bottom, too.
Monroe Sensatrac. For me, these are best. I don't like the street stiffness of the others, nor do I want the float of the stockers.
Stock AC Delco replacement. Can you say Cadillac? Way too floaty.

I can tell you one thing...I am very good at changing shocks. Lots of practice...

Good luck.

I replaced the stockers with Monroe sensitracks (sp). I like them on the street and highway. They are better than stock but don't rattle my t-top car to pieces.

I do have a beefed up suspension too so not sure how fair my assessment of the shocks really is. Still, got them for 4 for 50 bucks on sale and that was nice.

I replaced the stockers with Monroe sensitracks (sp). I like them on the street and highway. They are better than stock but don't rattle my t-top car to pieces.

I do have a beefed up suspension too so not sure how fair my assessment of the shocks really is. Still, got them for 4 for 50 bucks on sale and that was nice.

When my car was a daily driver I had the sensitracks also. ;) The car drove awesome.

Back