You can type here any text you want

which timming set?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

I just ordered my roller cam kit from full throttle:biggrin: I ca not wait to get this thing back on the road!!!

I was going with the Rollmaster but was told that they are out and do not have any and none coming in due to Roll master reorganizing their company:confused:

Anyway the chain I had in the previous engine with a flat tappet cam was a double roller cloyes set up. When I pulled the engine apart I found that the chain was stretched real bad. It looked like it had 200k miles on it:eek: but it only had maybe 5k or less.

What chains do you guys recommend they you have had good results with.

Thanks!

hmmmm....either I did not make my question clear or everyone on this board uses a rollmaster timing chain and gears:rolleyes:

I was just asking what other types of timing chain and gears are others using with good results. As I mention the cloyes double roller I had stretched something horrible with less than 5k miles and a rollmaster is not available at the moment.

I got my Rollmaster from Weber Racing, maybe check with them....they might have some in stock.

........Anyway the chain I had in the previous engine with a flat tappet cam was a double roller cloyes set up. When I pulled the engine apart I found that the chain was stretched real bad. It looked like it had 200k miles on it:eek: but it only had maybe 5k or less.

What chains do you guys recommend they you have had good results with.

Thanks!

Very doubtful that the chain stretched, gears usually wear?:confused:

The Cloyes gears leave a lot to be desired, and we quit using them as the gears are soft.

A roller cam with higher spring pressures and RPM really load the the gears and chain, which is why the set of choice is Rollmaster which uses billet gears.:)

We have them in stock.:smile:

Very doubtful that the chain stretched, gears usually wear?:confused:

The Cloyes gears leave a lot to be desired, and we quit using them as the gears are soft.

A roller cam with higher spring pressures and RPM really load the the gears and chain, which is why the set of choice is Rollmaster which uses billet gears.:)

We have them in stock.:smile:

PM sent

Back