Who has a Maaco Paint Job?

green95ss

Poor car collector
Who has a Maaco paint job? C'mon, admin it! I'm just curious to see if a Maaco paint job will make my car look okay for a few years, instead of a high dollar, strip-it, paint job.

Yes, I know the high dollar paint job is the way to do it right, but let's face it--I got a kid on the way and I'll never be able to spend that much money on my car ever again (priorities change in life, I guess).

Thanks,

Guhan

when i was younger my mother brought their car (dodge 600) to Earl Sheib... had the better than cheap paint job done..... looked like junk.... was ok for a few months but down hill fast...

Don't do it they will tape off windows and paint everything else.I'm in the process of trying to fix my car that was painted that way(previous owner). All the molding & even the rubber strips on bumpers are painted what a PTA.

So far I have some glowing reviews...

What if I take off the bumpers, wheel well and door trim, emblems, door panels, headlights bezels, grill, all weatherstripping (that I can), headlights, and taillights? All of that stuff is brand new on my car.

What is the general quality of their paint work?

Thanks,

Guhan

You get what you pay for.

I had an 86 buick regal non turbo that i had painted at the local Maaco a few years back. I had the integrated clear coat with the 2 year warranty against peeling. I paid $700 dollars on the job and 6 months later it started peeling around the wheel well trim. I took the car back to them with all the chrome trim removed and had them repaint the car. About 3 months after that it began to peel again! I was furious. I took the car back to them and tried one more time. Well the paint job turned out nice the fourth time but it would chip very easily if you drove the car down the interstate. They never did prep the car properly before they painted it. I will say that the paint job looked nice from a distance but if you looked closely at it you could see swirl marks in the paint from the sanding. I advise you to prep the car yourself if possilble and remove all the trim if you take your car to maacco or some place similar. I learned the hard way. I guess good things come to those who wait and pay a little extra.

I was once in a Macco shop picking up a buddy that worked there I personally watched the painter paint a 2 tone intrepid in less than 20min. IMO it is impossible to get a good paint job in that time, saw the car later and it looked like it got a 20min paint job. Stay away!!!

Its going to depend. Maacos are independently owned. We have a local one that will do a decent job for us Buick guys. Maybe cause the owner has a Turbo T. But many years i go i had my g friends truck painted at another Maaco. What a mess!

Don't waste your time or money.Those places are good for daily driving work cars IMO (I drive an example). Hook up with someone that does quality work profesionally and arrange a side job at their home shop for some extra xmas spending money. My wifes GN is a "side job" and looks awesome.

dont do it, it is a wast of money. i bought mine with one the guy still had the reciept he paid 1100+. the whole car needs to be stripped and they painted everything on the car, mouldings, weather strip, window rubbers, and headlight sourronds. the catr had more orange peel and runs then i have ever seen in my life. i had to wet sand and polish for about three days to make it look presentable until i get enough time to do a stripp it and repaint it. there are a few chips in it right now and they keep getting bigger cause i dont think the sanded or did a really bad job sanding it.

Paint Brush

From the looks of the reviews Maaco sucks pretty much all over the nation. Your car is your investment so save up the $700.00 for the maaco plus the $2300.00 and get it done right. They painted my TA and i was dicussed with the work. I could have done better using a paint brush and roller. Yes they suck!!:(

Nothing is for free. Maaco works on volume. Which is why paint keeps peeling of. Sanding and preparation is the key.

If you have the time!