You can type here any text you want

Who has my old Car?? #1252

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bsdlinux

Just Another BLACK Car
Just wondering if anyone in the TTA world has seen my old car. I bought it from Joe Harrington and then sold it to a guy in Chicago. Been a few years, just curious. :biggrin:

woah that car is in the town next to me. I think I might know the guy who owns it, I'll email him and maybe I can meet up with him.

I've got it now :) It wasn't in very good conditon when I got it. The front end had some damage and the interior was trashed. The dash is in good shape though. I am in the process of completely redoing it. It's on a rotisserie now, I had to do weld in a new radiator support and fix the frame rails. It was in a front end collision. It also has some rust issues that will need to get fixed. I think someone drove it in the winter and the salt did some damage. I found it on ebay for $1500 with no engine or trans, and the rear seats were missing. I had an engine and trans already from my various GN projects. I was a little worried I wouldn't find heads or headers, but manage to find both, along with rear seats and a few other items. Other than that it was pretty much all there. The guy had it in storage at his buddys shop and needed to get rid of it in a hurry since he was closing the shop. I had hoped to be a little further along with it by now, but just haven't had time. It should be very nice when it's finished.:biggrin: I would love to hear your history with the car. If you want pics, I can email them.

Thanks, Paul.

Incredible that you found it...sounds like a lot has happened to the car since it parted with you... I've always wondered where some of my past cars ended up...I did do a car fax on my old MCSS..its still in my town, but hasn't been inspected since 2003...probably sitting behind someones house in the weeds...

this is why the TTA registry is so important and great. I was able to contact Paul through the email on the TTA registry and it linked new/old owners and I also had a good way of contacting another TTA in my area.

Yes, it was in that area. I don't remember exactly but it was very close to Joliet. I take it you are familiar with the car.

TTA registry will be fun to read 20 years from now ... you wouldn't believe some of the Cobra and Shelby stories :cool: People will be reconstructing cars from "bones" :p Guess before I croak I should give all the vins I know of .. and the few "deceased" ones :eek:

Yes, it was in that area. I don't remember exactly but it was very close to Joliet. I take it you are familiar with the car.

No, I am not familar with the car. I just remember seeing one on Ebay in Darien that needed a ton of work. I am pretty close to Darien and Crest Hill.

You have the ton of work part right, even if it's not the same car. I'm just glad that I have a good friend (Scott K. UR50SLO on here) that owns a paint/performance shop to bail me out time and time again.

You have the ton of work part right, even if it's not the same car. I'm just glad that I have a good friend (Scott K. UR50SLO on here) that owns a paint/performance shop to bail me out time and time again.

yup Scott is a good guy, he painted the spoiler on my car.

Just curious, where's the original poster? :confused: I was hoping to hear about the history of this car.:smile:

Back