Who has the fastest stock "109" block TTA??

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
I'm bored today and I've always been curious so please let me know who and how fast they have run.....

<--- Not the fastest but at least it's a start :D

10.69@125.8 - 109 block and iron TTA heads

Looking for low 10's this year after a few changes :D

Steve

Sorry guys,not trying to take away anyones accomplishments - I've been there myself when my GTA was a stock 350 in the 14's then high 13's and my old stock TTA #861 in the low 13's then 12's and finally in the 11's as a stocker(11.99@113).Now looking to push my GTA,2002 was mid 11's on pumpgas - this last year was mid 10's on racegas - and without speaking too loud,I'm gonna push for more this year with a few well placed changes :D

Steve

Originally posted by 86brick
I'm bored today and I've always been curious so please let me know who and how fast they have run.....

Ohh look whos come out to stir the pot. :p

Steve's block isnt stock, but it is a 109 block. I think Postal laid down some numbers as well as Joe.. and Mike S did as well.

Looks like the fastest using factory OEM parts is one of the above three. hell i'm the slow poke.

Mike was 11.21 at 122 using a Dequick stretch, race gas, race chip.

Joe used some Naws..low 11's and trapped like 124'ish..

Postal ripped some really low 7's in the 1/8.

Rob, TTA 1387 ran 11.61 at 115.xx on DR's and alky

I was stuck in the mid 11's.. dunno if I'm unstuck yet.. will soon tho.

Hows that for a report.. Ya scared now :D

Re: Re: Who has the fastest stock "109" block TTA??

Originally posted by Razor
Ohh look whos come out to stir the pot. :p

Steve's block isnt stock, but it is a 109 block. I think Postal laid down some numbers as well as Joe.. and Mike S did as well.

Looks like the fastest using factory OEM parts is one of the above three. hell i'm the slow poke.

Mike was 11.21 at 122 using a Dequick stretch, race gas, race chip.

Joe used some Naws..low 11's and trapped like 124'ish..

Postal ripped some really low 7's in the 1/8.

Rob, TTA 1387 ran 11.61 at 115.xx on DR's and alky

I was stuck in the mid 11's.. dunno if I'm unstuck yet.. will soon tho.

Hows that for a report.. Ya scared now :D

Julio, when I said stock 109 block I didn't mean the longblock or even the shortblock I just meant the fastest TTA with a 109 block (the only reason I said stock "109" block is I know there are a few guys with production 4.1 motors but I'm really only interested in hearing about the 109 motors).... So far it looks like mid to low 10's is the fastest.... This is kind of odd to me considering you guys have those slippery bodies (much more aerodynamic than my regal) and I know there are a few guys out there with a combo capable of 9's (70 series turbos, liquid ICs, etc.).... I guess nobody has run 9's with a 109 block TTA yet:confused:

BTW, please don't take my post as me trying to be a smartass or stirring the pot as Julio said..... I'm just curious why nobody has run as fast or faster than the fastest TSM (109) TRs (maybe it's because you guys don't have a class like TSM where cars can compete).... Also, this is a bit off topic, but why don't I ever see a TTA in GMHTP?? Have any of you guys with these 11 and 10 second TTAs sent pics and a description to them?? Honestly I think it's time somebody has a TTA featured in the mag or at least in the street heat section of the mag!!! As you should be able to tell I am one of those regal guys that is a fan of the TTAs and one of these days I would love to own one:) :cool:

Pot stirrrring

Hey..just having some fun with ya..

I guess your answer is too few of these cars, too many with low miles, nobody really wanting to squeeze them. Even Steve TTA850, its actually a GTA conversion. I guess we all feel once you cut into them, its no turning back. Some cars , Stage cars , were in the 9's. Like the one in the ATR catalog..Sikes car.

Nope, fastest 109 block TTA I know off was in the mid 10's. Actually there was one in Ga couple years ago that ran 10.50's 70 turbo, NOS, 3.73's, 12 bolt, 218 cam, 72's, etc...

But currently.. dunno.

Crisafulli's TA was in the 10's but can't remember how far down.

I've been as fast as 121.4mph with the Thrasher 92 chip :)

I dont think the answere to this is very complicated. Its a numbers game. Aren't we talking about 35,000 86/87 TR's to 1555 TTA's? The number of TTA's being modified and pushed isnt nothing compared to the number of TR's. Even with our lack of numbers and a few less bolt ons available for us we still do good. Maybe with a little time will see a few TTA's get faster.

Jason
p.s: I bet I could out 60' and out mph about 30,000 or more of those TR's, and as far as TTA's go mine doesn't mph that great.

Re: Pot stirrrring

Originally posted by Razor
Hey..just having some fun with ya..

I guess your answer is too few of these cars, too many with low miles, nobody really wanting to squeeze them. Even Steve TTA850, its actually a GTA conversion. I guess we all feel once you cut into them, its no turning back. Some cars , Stage cars , were in the 9's. Like the one in the ATR catalog..Sikes car.

Nope, fastest 109 block TTA I know off was in the mid 10's. Actually there was one in Ga couple years ago that ran 10.50's 70 turbo, NOS, 3.73's, 12 bolt, 218 cam, 72's, etc...

But currently.. dunno.

Julio, thanks for the info! Yeah I guess you're right too few of these cars, too many with low miles, etc.

I got an email from some guy last night telling me that Steve Kaminski from PA actually had the first 9 second TTA with a 109 motor, but as he told me it really wasn't a "real" TTA (it was an '85 TA with a 109 motor from a GN).... IMO if Steve runs 9's with his car I would consider it a TTA cause to me it's pretty much the same car (same body style/suspension with a 109 motor).... It would just be like if some guy took an NA Regal and put an LC2 motor in it (I would consider it a Turbo Regal although technically it's not the real thing):) :cool:

Now you guys get to work sending in pics and descriptions of your cars to GMHTP!!!!:D

Not all TTA owners come to this site and/or post for that matter. I have talked to a couple of owners that had no idea this website was availible.

Like someone else had said..... It would be hard to start cutting on these rare cars but is has been done.

Bill sakes has run well into the 9 second range w/4.1

Bo

Re: Re: Pot stirrrring

Originally posted by 86brick
I got an email from some guy last night telling me that Steve Kaminski from PA actually had the first 9 second TTA with a 109 motor, but as he told me it really wasn't a "real" TTA (it was an '85 TA with a 109 motor from a GN).... IMO if Steve runs 9's with his car I would consider it a TTA cause to me it's pretty much the same car (same body style/suspension with a 109 motor).... It would just be like if some guy took an NA Regal and put an LC2 motor in it (I would consider it a Turbo Regal although technically it's not the real thing):) :cool:

Can you get any more info on that car?What heads(TTA,GN, or alum)and other mods?I heard he put together quite a few of these conversions but have never heard of one running very fast,and my attempts at contacting him always seem to fail.

Yeah,my car is not a real TTA in that the color and vin dont say it but mechanicaly it is a TTA in every way(except the motor mounts,I didnt like the way the motor sat w/tta mounts and used GN mounts instead,and of course the TH400 trans and 12 Bolt rear for strength :D ).That includes TTA heads, headers, harness, trans crossmember, instrument cluster, 1LE front brakes, ect, ect.. But like you said,same as a Regal with a turbo motor in it - I'd consider a similar year T/A or GTA with a turbo motor a TTA.

We'll see how fast it goes this year with some bigger injectors(I was out of fuel with the 55's)and 3.42 gears to get rid of the doggy 3.08's.I plan on keep pushing this car till it goes 9's... or pops,whichever comes first :D

Whats the fastest TTA headed 109 block any of you have heard of?

10.50's.. And I dunno bout Crissafulli's TTA .. he ran that in the NMCA back way .. it did trap like 132 on a stock IC.. hows that.

Julio

Impressive times guys! I will hopefully be joining you, however I do not think from the info I gathered that a 51/50's and a 12" with ported heads 3in. dp and dr's are gonna do it.

Have a lead on some other stuff! Time will tell. Might just need to sell the 50's and pick up 57's for good measure. :D

If that doesn't work, I'll lean on julio a bit and get him to talk some alky sense into me ;)

What would a 3400 10"/ CPT65/57's/3in. dp/ported TTA be good for? Care to hazard a guess.

Above will be combined on a .030over trw arp studdedmain block, with arp rod bolts and arp head bolts, if I come into them. :p

Re: Re: Re: Pot stirrrring

Originally posted by TTA850
Can you get any more info on that car?What heads(TTA,GN, or alum)and other mods?I heard he put together quite a few of these conversions but have never heard of one running very fast,and my attempts at contacting him always seem to fail.

I'll email this guy back and see if he knows anything about the car.....

Originally posted by trading t/a
Have a lead on some other stuff! Time will tell. Might just need to sell the 50's and pick up 57's for good measure. :D

Not to hyjack the thread....But, I was speaking with Ken Mosher last week. He has access to some high impedance injectors that flow a linear 60 GPH :eek: The same source makes em that flow into the 90 GPH range....Yes, high impedance injectors. If I remember correctly, they are available through Mototron....Or, something close sounding to Mototron. Ken has installed these injectors in his new engine.

Another barrier has been broken :)