Who was your TTA delivering Dealer?

Bird of Prey

Hi!

I just got my information package from PHS and was wondering of which dealer your tta's were delivered.

Dealer of my TTA was

Cunningham Pontiac in Richmond Hill, NY

so exciting ... if they knew the tta is now running in Europe.. hehe :biggrin:

matt

mine was a new local dealer .. there were a lot of these cars in the north east

#396 was sold at Pitts Pontiac 1067 Ridge Road. Webster, N.Y. 14580 I Google Earthed my dealer and they are long closed :( The weird part is my GN was sold from a Buick dealer 50 miles west on the same road! How weird is that too own 2 cars.. years apart from dealers on the same road. And I didn't buy the cars in NY either! The Buick dealer is also closed.

My TTA #677 was sold by the Pontiac dealer in Fishers, IN on 06/06/1989- just outside of Indianapolis. I don't know what it was called back in 1989, but now it's Andy Mohr Automotive.

#791 was from Axelrod Pontiac in Parma, Ohio. Still in business - I actually talked to the owner right after I bought the car and he was great. Remembered getting the car into the showroom and selling it to the original owner. Many conversations with both of them. The dealer owner sent me a license plate frame, etc. to display with the car. I'm happy to drop their name as "cool guys" at any chance I get!!

My Formula 350 came from SeaCrest Pontiac Cadillac in Lynn, MA - original owner down the street and sold to me - it's never left CT/MA!!

Jim, the location that your TTA and GN came from are right from the area I live in (webster 10min away) what dealer did the GN come from? Doan Buick or Hofbauer in Brockport? Also do you know any more about the history on the TTA? we had 3 in this area back then. 1 was my parents(mine now :biggrin: ) the second not sure who owned but it was sold a year or two ago and the third was a disaster story. A Dr. in the area owned it and had so many issues with it that Pontiac baught it back! :frown: Pitts is now a Ford dealer further east in Ontario NY.

Mine is a local dealer, Lane Pontiac. Melbourne Florida. This was allegedly one of only 2 sold in this county.

TTA 1077 said:
Jim, the location that your TTA and GN came from are right from the area I live in (webster 10min away) what dealer did the GN come from? Doan Buick or Hofbauer in Brockport? Also do you know any more about the history on the TTA? we had 3 in this area back then. 1 was my parents(mine now :biggrin: ) the second not sure who owned but it was sold a year or two ago and the third was a disaster story. A Dr. in the area owned it and had so many issues with it that Pontiac baught it back! :frown: Pitts is now a Ford dealer further east in Ontario NY.

Mine was from Pitts Pontiac 1067 Ridge Road. Webster, N.Y. 14580 If you Google Earth it you can see a closed up car dealer. Did'nt look like a huge place. It's on 404 (Ridge Rd.) all by it's self. Don't look like there is anything around it other then a few homes. It's not far from Five Mile Line Rd. I wanted to go there someday and take some pics of the dealer before they mow it over. If you close take a spin by and snap a few pics for me! :) Mine was first purchased by a woman. Amy Morgan She then sold it to Mangino Pontiac Buick in Ballston Spa, NY. There the owner of the dealer kept it in the show room taking it to shows in the weekends and would take it home on nice days. He had all the warrenty updates done to it and he took the Gatorbacks off because he said they were getting hard and to scarey on the road. He was the one to install the G-Force tires on it that are on it still today. He was a turbo Buick fan and Amy bought a number of Pontiac's off him over the years so they knew each other. From there it sold on eBay to a guy in Maryland. He sold it to buy another GN. Then to a guy in Philly near me then to me. So it's been all over NY state. Let me know if you think you knew the car or if your close to that dealer! :cool:

phillyturbosix said:
Mine was from Pitts Pontiac 1067 Ridge Road. Webster, N.Y. 14580 If you Google Earth it you can see a closed up car dealer. Did'nt look like a huge place. It's on 404 (Ridge Rd.) all by it's self. Don't look like there is anything around it other then a few homes. It's not far from Five Mile Line Rd. I wanted to go there someday and take some pics of the dealer before they mow it over. If you close take a spin by and snap a few pics for me! :) Mine was first purchased by a woman. Amy Morgan She then sold it to Mangino Pontiac Buick in Ballston Spa, NY. There the owner of the dealer kept it in the show room taking it to shows in the weekends and would take it home on nice days. He had all the warrenty updates done to it and he took the Gatorbacks off because he said they were getting hard and to scarey on the road. He was the one to install the G-Force tires on it that are on it still today. He was a turbo Buick fan and Amy bought a number of Pontiac's off him over the years so they knew each other. From there it sold on eBay to a guy in Maryland. He sold it to buy another GN. Then to a guy in Philly near me then to me. So it's been all over NY state. Let me know if you think you knew the car or if your close to that dealer! :cool:

I'll see about snaping some pics for you, I drive right by on the way to work, so if I remember the camera on Tuesday, I'll get them then. There must have been more than the four sold in this area then. I was under the understanding that these vehicles went to the dealers based on sales volume(Like the GNX)? I know that Piehler, the dealer mine was delived to recieved 2, the one we baught and the second some guy trailered away( requested no dealer prep, did this with every anniv T/A). Ralph pontiac recieved 1(that was the bad one) and Patrick pontiac recieved 1, a hard top :cool:
Where did the GN come from? the only buick dealers on the West side of Rochester around that time were Doan Buick (W. ridge road) and Hofbauer pont. buick olds in Brockport. They(Hofbauer) were shut down for price fixing in '92. My mom got her first T/A there in '85 and my Grandmother purchased a Regal from them a few month's after.

TTA 449 was origonally delivered to Williamson Pontiac Mazda in Homestead Florida. I bought it from the third owner in Tampa bay Florida and it now sleeps in Illinios.

Ken

TTA #602 was delivered by Jim Finney Pontiac I guess it doesn't say, in Carlsbad Ca. It's a long way from there now...but not in Europe :cool: !

TTA 1077 said:
I'll see about snaping some pics for you, I drive right by on the way to work, so if I remember the camera on Tuesday, I'll get them then. There must have been more than the four sold in this area then. I was under the understanding that these vehicles went to the dealers based on sales volume(Like the GNX)? I know that Piehler, the dealer mine was delived to recieved 2, the one we baught and the second some guy trailered away( requested no dealer prep, did this with every anniv T/A). Ralph pontiac recieved 1(that was the bad one) and Patrick pontiac recieved 1, a hard top :cool:
Where did the GN come from? the only buick dealers on the West side of Rochester around that time were Doan Buick (W. ridge road) and Hofbauer pont. buick olds in Brockport. They(Hofbauer) were shut down for price fixing in '92. My mom got her first T/A there in '85 and my Grandmother purchased a Regal from them a few month's after.

That would be cool to see what the place looks like today. I even thought about trailering the car up there and take some pics of the car in front of the place. Yea I know I'm nuts but I thought that would be cool being it's not all that far. I'm at work right now but when I get home I'll look up where the Buick came from. I think it use to be a Buick dealer in Syracuse, NY but now it's a Chevy dealer. Pretty crazy how many TTA's came from that area. Pontiac must have looked up where the most rich people live and shipped them there! lol

phillyturbosix said:
That would be cool to see what the place looks like today. I even thought about trailering the car up there and take some pics of the car in front of the place. Yea I know I'm nuts but I thought that would be cool being it's not all that far. I'm at work right now but when I get home I'll look up where the Buick came from. I think it use to be a Buick dealer in Syracuse, NY but now it's a Chevy dealer. Pretty crazy how many TTA's came from that area. Pontiac must have looked up where the most rich people live and shipped them there! lol

No not all that rich in this area, middle middle to middle upper class, just GM central. We have AC Delco, GM energy and chasis systems, GM fuel systems ect.ect.ect. We might as well be part of Detroit. My friend that lives down by you always says he was glad to see that thier were other cars besides GM, more veriety in your area. The employes & families get a discount, so the GM sales are high in this area. Also just spoke with my Dad, reminiscing about when he and my mom purchased 1077, He remembers that all the larger volume dealers in this area Piehler, Patrick, Ralph all got 2, Pitts, Dick Ide and a dealer in a small city called Canandaigua got 1 so that would be 9 in this area. Funny I never seen that many on the road. I remember seeing the hard top once on the way to school one morning in '91 and never saw it again.

TTA #750 was delivered to Coast Pontiac in Portsmouth N.H. I purchased it from the third owner in M.A. and the car now lives in R.I.