who will win

no sorry to say i have been really busy travling to races with my work and therefore had no time to prime it so i could paint it and my uncle who was supposed to help me has been busy too but by 2 weeks it should be in paint if not im just gonna spend the mony and have the place finish it the way it is. hopefully we will race as soon as its done sorry for th anticipation :D i will post the results

thanks

Poncho Power

I just wanted to chime in considering I have owned and still have mad respect for Ponchos. Pontiac's are completely different animals compared to say Chevy's. I used to own a 78 T/A with a stock 400 bottom end and unported RAM III Heads and mild lift split pattern cam. On street tires with a 180 lb friend in the car I turned a 13.9 with a 60' of 2.1. Most people know very little about Pontiacs because it is much cheaper to build a Big Block. I can't tell you how many times people asked me if i had a big block 400. (All Pontiac blocks have the same external dimensions its all about bore stroke and main journal size) It kind of made me feel the same way as when some jerk off says nice Monte Carlo.

The point being Ponchos will run especially with head work cam etc.. They have unbelievable low end torque, same as our TRs. Don't underestimate it, have a good tune on your car and a good launch it might be a close race.

Ya im gonna have to chime in about the launch as well. If you havent done it, try it somewhere on a quiet road. It will be important for the race. Some people just spool until the little turbo light comes on, 2 or 3 lbs or something. Please dont launch from idle, I beg you. :D

RE: tork of Pont-Very true. I love immediate tork and it shows. On my 71 GTO, over time the rt side frame mount, (the perch that the motor mount sits on) pushed itself into the frame about 1/4 inch. Ive never seen this on anyother A body including Chevelles. Had to put a metal plate over it. In the day, Id beat others even with my smaller cam and manifolds.
Big block comment is tiresome. The 326-400 is taller, but theres no significance in calling one a big vs small, especially since parts interchange.

actually my car is still in bare metal waiting for my uncle to zinc it so i can prime it and send it to get painted. if my car was in primer i would have raced him already. but it is kinda good that it is not done yet because now i have saved up $1000 to spend on peformance parts. i think im gonna get 36 lb injectors, high flow fuel pump, 3 in downpipe, scanmaster, and the large neck for the inercooler.

my uncle has been so busy and I cant get mad at him because its not like i am paying him for it. it sucks because i wanted to drive it this summer but im not gonna rush it now that i have waited all of this time. but it WILL BE DONE BY 8/15/ 04 and sorry about the wait on the results guys
:(

Ray

Originally posted by microELVIS
Ya im gonna have to chime in about the launch as well. If you havent done it, try it somewhere on a quiet road.

Agreed. That could end up making or breaking you in the race. Take the time to practice your launch until your confortable doing it and start to show some consitancy in ripping it out of the hole. :cool:

i just got my car in primer :D FINALLY and my friend got to drive his fire bird and he told me that he put it to the floor and i wasent as fast as my car was and i never put my car past 3/4 throttle with him in it so im feeling pretty good about the race but i will let him run his mouth:cool:

cant wait