Whoohooo!!!

Turtle TR

boioing boioing boioing..
I'm .500 faster from my previous 15.6@89mph. My girlfriend and I went to tracks tonight after out belated valentines dinner. Nothing was done to the car since my last pass at the track...well...changing out the plugs for autolites which I changed about 2 weeks ago. Stock fuel pressure...my skinny tires (215/15) were dropped to 30psi. Last mod I had was the hot-wire. First run was a 15.313@91.10mph 2.454 60ft. 30 minutes later my second run was 15.506@89.82mph 2.505 60ft. both at around 2000rpm launches and spinning the tires right when the turbo started to kick in. I didnt pay much attention to the boost guage so, I dont know how much boost I left on. at last call for drags...I got to make one more run. I held the brakes as hard as I could with out spinning out the tires...I got the rpms to 2200 and watched the boost guage as it almost hits 1psi. I must've done something right...This time I didnt mash on the pedal like how I did the previous runs...Kinda let it roll out and gradually floored it...no wheel spin, well...only a little bit from the start. but when the turbo kicked in...i didnt hear the tires break loose. I saw my opponents lights kick back a little more when boost hitted. Picked up my time slip...I was like...WHOOO HOOOO!!! 15.139@91.53mph 2.395 60ft. It was a good night for another freind with a Camaro Z28...he hit 12.97@105mph...very impressive since he's running an untouched engine, bolt on exhaust, intake, drag radials, and torque converter, I forgot what size and what not, basically...his setup was minute compared to the list of upgrades other guys were using, and hitting 13s...he managed to break 12s. Oh well..thats my story:eek: :eek:

Good going Turtle, that's the way to race with the stock tires, feather it off the line, with little tire spin as possible.

I hope soon too. I was suprized my tranny is holding up to the passes. I did what clayton suggested..to let the tranny cool down before making another pass. And the bugga shifts pretty hard. Not as hard as when first got the car..but close. I got my scanmasterII but no 86/87 ECU yet..LOL. I still have to find time to install the Adj, FPR and I have to buy a adapter plate for the 86/87 module and coil pack from johnsperformance or caspers. I still need to have some one burn a better chip for me too. Any suggestions?

Aloha
Chris

Hey Chris.......

I got a Kenne-Bell chip in my 84 and its not bad but the boost is around 17lbs, so you got to watch for knock or run race gas. Its alot better than the stock chip. And one day I want to check out you 86/87 module and coiul pack. Maybe one day i'll bring my "T" and race you :D