You can type here any text you want

Who's Running 315/50 Radial And What Racing Rim And Back Spacing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quint

:rolleyes: oK guys, I need to know who is running a 315/50 drag radial and what make and size racing rim and back spacing. Conelys is notching my GN to fit the 315 ET radials, but not sure if our super lights 4.5 inch back spacing will work? we need to know before ordering them otherwise we will go with difrnt racing wheel :confused: :cool: Thanks, the car is suppose to be finished next friday ready for testing. Its a stage 2 car that we ahve built to run mid 9's on drag radials at only 24#'s safe boost. Your help is appreciated. Out

Come on guys, your telling me that we have no drivers with this tire on race rims? Come on now, thanks :confused:

If the frame is notched a 10" rim 5.25-5.5"" bs with a 11" rim 5.5-5.75" bs. The fender has to be rolled to fit that wide of a tire.

I have a weld prostar 15 x 10 with a 5.5" bs tire is a ET drag 28 x 10.5

My other set of wheels is a 17 x 11 TTII's with 5.5" bs tire is a 315/35/17.

Sorry to hi-jack thread,,,, But TURBOV6 what BS would you recomend with a 20x10" wheel on a stk framed T??? I am thinking that 4" will be good for the front 20x8"s... Do you have any detailed pics of your current 17x11's? An how do they fit?? snd pics if you have to autertidmore@aol.com I have heard any where from 4.5" to 5" BS for the rear!!! I want the wheel to come out an sit flush with the body an do not mind rolling lip... Thanks again sorry to impose on thread..

I am curious to know if a 20x10 will work on a stock frame with the correct back spacing and a fender roll.

I am personally looking to do an 18x10 and I am thinking that I should be able to get a 295 to fit a stock frame. I was hoping this would work with the smaller side wall and less sidewall deflection. It will be a 35 series tire..

Any thoughts on this?

You an me both!! I am in the process of trying to do the exact same thing . I know a 9.5 W wheel will work with 4.75 BS . Theres a guy with this running a 315/35/17 "JDSfastGN" he pulled it off with stk frame.. As far as the front im getting a 8" wide with a 3.75 BS...

Mad_Trbo said:
I am curious to know if a 20x10 will work on a stock frame with the correct back spacing and a fender roll.

I am personally looking to do an 18x10 and I am thinking that I should be able to get a 295 to fit a stock frame. I was hoping this would work with the smaller side wall and less sidewall deflection. It will be a 35 series tire..

Any thoughts on this?

pm sent!

A 18" wheel you will have less meat on the rim and would not have the option later on a 315 tire and with a 295/35/18 tire your car will ride an 1" higher so you might have the 4 x 4 look :eek: or you will have to conpensate that with a 1" drop. That 295 tire is a bit over 26" tall.

325/50/15s Work

Quint said:
:rolleyes: oK guys, I need to know who is running a 315/50 drag radial and what make and size racing rim and back spacing. Conelys is notching my GN to fit the 315 ET radials, but not sure if our super lights 4.5 inch back spacing will work? we need to know before ordering them otherwise we will go with difrnt racing wheel :confused: :cool: Thanks, the car is suppose to be finished next friday ready for testing. Its a stage 2 car that we ahve built to run mid 9's on drag radials at only 24#'s safe boost. Your help is appreciated. Out

I have 325/50/15s ET Streets on mine w/10" Weld ProStars w/5.5" backspacing and they work "Gr8." Also had to notch frame a bit and add airbags w/adjustable shocks to smooth out the ride. No rubbing at all if done right. Good Luck!

Attachments

• 100_0391.jpg
    100_0391.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 321
Other Side

Happy Notching!!

Attachments

• 100_0389.jpg
    100_0389.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 318
flipmo

Got a shot with the upper fender lip? I want to see how close is it to the fender.

Here You Go

TURBOV6 said:
Got a shot with the upper fender lip? I want to see how close is it to the fender.

Check out the PICs. To do this right, you have to notch the frame enough in order to keep the tire from rubbing. I have at least 1/2" clearance space from the frame rail to the tire, which is plenty IMO and plenty of space, as you can see, from the upper fender lip to the top of the tire even under a hard buckle with 14-15lbs of air in the tires. Air bags really help here if you don't wont to spend the money on a pricy rear suspension. I didn't have to roll the fender at all as it's all in taking out enough frame to get the meat under there.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1198255#post1198255

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1198221#post1198221

Attachments

• 100_0375.jpg
    100_0375.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 309
Back